Chapter 20: It Hurts

Lucie woke up after a deep(?) sleep.

It was 6:47am, and she felt really exhausted for some reason.

She tried to remember what happened, but her mind was just blank, like... blank sheet.

She shook her and shouted out, "Fresh day, Fresh start!"

She got up and stretched, trying to be less-tired.

Then she felt a breeze, realizing her window was opened, it was kind of weird, but she just decided to let is slide.

After getting ready for school, she ran down-stairs.

There, as usual, she saw Stefan also getting ready for school.

He turned around and saw her, he also looked very exhausted.

He quietly asked, "You feeling okay?"

"Huh...? Oh yeah, I'm totally fine." She gave him a bright smile, but Stefan stilll seemed gloomy.

He was still worried about what Damon was going to do.

He gave a sigh and grabbed the key then rode the car with Lucie.

After the moment of silence with out any talking, he asked,

"Hungry?"

Lucie answered, "I'm good." She was looking out the window, usually they would talk about TV shows and discuss about where Damon could possibly be, but today, for some reason, Stefan was quiet, and she felt uncomfortable.

"Okay then." He gave another short, awkward reply and quickly passed McDonald's, arriving school.

Stefan parked the car and opened the door for Lucie.

She came out of the car and finally managed to ask, "Are you okay?"

"....Yeah." He gave a short hesitation but he answered coldly and walked into school.

She shrugged, wondering what was wrong with him, and walked into the school building.

There, she met Caroline and Bonnie from the other side of the hallway. They seemed like they were discussing about something important.

She ran toward them and brightly said, "Hey!"

But Caroline only gave her a short reply, "hey.." with a gloomy voice and Bonnie was looking very worried.

"What is up with all of you guys? I mean, Stefan was all gloomy and now you guys? Did I miss something?"

"Lucie.. We need to tell you..." Bonnie said, holding Caroline in her arms.

"Okay...." She answered. Now, by this time, she was getting worried.

Bonnie nodded to Caroline and soon Caroline's eye's transformed... Like Stefan and Damon's.

"Oh Lord... Don't tell me..." Lucie panicked.

But Bonnie said, "She is a vampire... It happened last time in the hospital. Elena... Turned her.."

"But I swear it wasn't like her. She acted.. so.. different...She was... evil." Caroline added in a frightening tone.

'Elena? Vampire? NO!...Then....' She slowly thought and came into one conclusion; Katherine.

"She is back.." Lucie quietly whispered to herself.

Bonnie and Caroline asked, "Who is back?"

But Lucie just stood there, in shock.

"I'm sorry guys, I have to go." And she started running off.

'Stefan. I need to find Stefan.. Now." She ran down and found Stefan in his locker.