Chapter 22: Trust. What I Need

------Stefan & Alaric (3rd POV)--------

As soon as Lucie left, Stefan pulled out his phone and dialed Alaric's number.

After several ringings, he picked up;

Stef - Hello?

Ala - Oh, hey Stef.

Stef - Are you at school?

Ala - ....No. Why?

Stef - Good, lets meet up in the grill.

Ala - When?

Stef - Now.

Ala - Now?

Stef - Now.

Ala - But.. I'm with Jenna, and I am kind of..

Stef - Meet you at the grill.

He hung up before Alaric could finish, and quickly speed through the traffic.

'He is the only one that I could ask this..' Stefan thought.

*in the grill (3rd person POV)*

Stefan anxiously looked around and saw Alaric on the corner of the grill. Not wanting to loose any of his time, he rushed toward and sat down.

"Did you really need to call me out? Come one, I was out of school to spend time with her.." Alaric complained as he sat down.

"Sorry, but it was an emergency." Stefan pleaded as he ordered a burger for him.

They were having an awkward moment, waiting for the food. Alaric, looking around, while Stefan staring at his hands and his ring. Stefan knew he had to ask, but he didn't know where to start off. He knew if he did it too obvious, Alaric wouldn't tell. And he also knew that Damon would've somehow threathned Alaric to keep him quiet. 'Fuck.' He thought. 

"So, why aren't you coming to school for the past several days?" Stefan asked, casually, sipping his Dr. Pepper.

"Let me conclude that in two word; Elena, and Jenna." He replied, munching on his burger, rolling his eyes.

Realizing that he hadn't seen Elena for days, he asked, "What happened to Elena?"

"I actually, don't have any idea, but she is stuck in her room for days, frightened.. She is keep telling me some kind of names..." He was sincerely worried for her, and at the same time Jenna. Alaric was in love with Jenna, possibly thinking of moving and marriage after all these disastrous things happening. "I think she is stressed out with... You breaking up, Jeremy, and her parents... You know.. she is going through a lot." Alaric looked up and asked, "Why did you break up with her anyways?"

Stefan hesitated to answer but realized that he had to tell for him to able to ask, "... I didn't break up with her.. She... wanted to break up with me.." For a millisecond, everything flash-backed, and the memories of him and Elena was going through his mind. He closed his eyes for a moment, realising that he still misses Elena as much as he cared for Lucie. But he nodded his head, denying, and decided to ask,

"So how was the trip with Damon?"

Alaric stopped eating and slightly lift his head up, giving a hesitation but still answering, "..It was... a.. a  "colorful" trip."

"What happened to him.. In the trip?" Stefan asked, looking down at the ring when he said Damon. He couldn't let himself remember everything what had happened.

Then, Alaric stood up, finishing his drink and meal saying, "Sorry man, I really can't tell you anything." He was walking out of his seat. Stefan also stood up, and vamp speeds toward him. He stared into his eyes, and his pupils started getting bigger, trying to compel Alaric, and asked,