𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 , currents

Comenzar desde el principio

Nobody quite knew what to say to them, they weren't in a relationship, so they couldn't ask the usual questions, they didn't want to make things more awkward than they already were. They just had to agree that things would always be slightly difficult from now on. Because well, Kinsey seemed to be the only one who didn't realize Stiles had lied through his teeth when he said that he was fine with the idea of Kinsey and Isaac. In the romance area, she always had been naive.

"So." Deaton's voice sounded through the awfully quiet room, everyone standing and sitting tall to prepare themself for the big reveal. "How can I help you all?"

"It happened," Kinsey stated simply. "At least, I think it did? It felt like it did. But then you never actually told me what I was waiting for. Honestly, we're kinda just feeling through the dark here."

A slightly confused Deaton walked up to the girl nodding as if he understood, partially he did, he knew what she was referring to when she talked about it happening, but he had to know exactly what had happened to know if she was talking about the right thing. So altogether, the seven teenagers gave him a run-through of the events of Glen Capri, right up to Kinsey creating a shield that stopped all of them becoming burnt toast. Stiles had helped give vivid details about the said shield, describing what it looked like, which was pretty much just a clear force field, only visible thanks to the fire that had been blazing against it.

"I still don't really understand how I did it, I didn't know I could do that." Kinsey shrugged. "It kind of just happened..." She continued to explain to the seemingly all-knowing man.

"Because you wanted it to happen. You wanted to protect everyone and you did." Deaton said simply with a smile.

"But there's been a million times I've wanted to protect people and it's never happened before."

"You weren't strong enough to do it before, your still young for your kind. It can take a lot of time to build up to something that big, and against fire too? I don't think you understand how much extraordinary strength it takes to do something like that." Deaton explained, thought to the girl, and everyone else in the room, his words still felt cryptic.

Kinsey nodded, trying to come to terms with his words, though they didn't seem to make much sense to her. As they all sat quietly waiting for the next question to pop into one of their heads Deaton waited patiently, he knew that with this many teenagers in his clinic, all of them with big personalities, one of them would come up with something soon. This time it had been Lydia. She recalled the night that the deer crashed through the windscreen of her car, how all three of them had been centimeters from it, yet all of them got out of the car unscathed with not even a single piece of glass in their hair. She had to assume that wasn't just luck like she had presumed before, but Kinsey. Deaton hadn't known too much about the events of that night, Scott had told him about the deer, but not about the small details of neither of the three girls having even glass in their hair after getting out of the car. He couldn't blame the wolf, it seemed like nothing back then, but now, it was clear that Kinsey had shown her capabilities before any of them had even noticed it. Glen Capri wasn't the first time she had protected her friends from harm, it was just the first time she had been able to see the shield.

"What is "her kind" exactly?" Issac asked, it was what everyone wanted to know.

Deaton sighed, he knew this wasn't going to be easy to explain, all of his evidence came from what he had been told by the only angel he had met before the girl in front of him, they were too rare to be recorded in something like her families bestiary, he knew that he didn't have all the details of her kind, and. whenever would, all he could do was tell her what he did know. And that was what the angel had written down for him, in case there was ever another time where he found any more of her kind, so he could protect them like she was unable to do for herself when they had crossed paths all that time ago. He left the room leaving the teenagers clinging onto his words as they watched the door with anticipation, waiting for him to come back. They thought he could have at least told them where he was going before he quickly disappeared from the room leaving them all questioning what the hell was going on with the girl in the middle of the room. All of them stood in silence, listening to the sound of crashing drawers as Deaton looked for that piece of paper he had kept safe for all of this time, hidden in the deepest corners of his clinic so that he, and only he, could find it when the time comes. Now was that time.