Chapter 1 : The Recital

A gentle breeze blows through the graveyard, filling it with the pleasant aroma of the mountains. Compared to city they lived down below, this change in scenery was a welcome very warmly by Izuku and Setsuna who was holding a small bag and flowers respectively. They walk down the aisle with the graves of the deceased following them. Both green haired childhood friends remain quiet in order to respect the resting souls as they finally stopped in front of a certain grave, a grave of their childhood friend, who died today six years ago.

Both of them have already washed their hands and Setsuna walks away in order to rent a pail of water. Izuku bends down and starts cleaning the grave. One by one, he picks up the leaves and with a clean handkerchief, he cleans the dust away. He opens the bag and places mochi, sakura mochi to be exact in a small, shallow bowl. By the time he starts placing flowers, a huge bunch of white roses and Lilies, Setsuna comes with a pail of water in her hand. The 32 year old male, quickly lights the incense and he stands up. The duo pulls out their praying beads and pray and after five minutes, each of them took liberty to trickle the water little by little.

After concluding the tradition, both the green haired adults sit down and Setsuna pulls out three sake cups and a sake bottle from the very bag Izuku pulled out the mochi. She pours the sake in them, gives one cup to Izuku, places one cup in front of the grave alongside the mochi and takes one cup for herself. They sit quietly, basking in the halo of sun which went behind a cloud, enjoying the warmth and silence. The duo quickly gulps down their sake and Izuku finally speaks, "Hey Ochako".

The grave belonged to the duos' childhood friend Ochako Uraraka. The girl Izuku was in love with, the girl who Izuku still loves. The very girl who died while giving birth to Hanabi, her daughter.

"Hey Ocha! Long-time no see!" Setsuna chippers as they incense burn dimly. Both of them smile as if they heard her greet back. One sakura tree, which was blooming early, was shedding its petals as they sit quietly one more time, imagining their friend talking to them. Izuku smiles and says, "Hanabi was supposed to come, but you know she has a recital today. You should have seen her crying Ochako. It took me, Suna and Eri a whole packet of mochi and one promise to calm her down! I must say she is really taken after you! Today she is turning six and it has been six years since you l....left us". Izuku starts to fumble with his words. It's been six year since she died and yet he was not able to move on. Setsuna, noticing his distress quickly speaks up saying, "Man Ocha! I miss those days when we snuck out of our house in the middle of the night to hang out. Remember that convenience store near your place? I heard that it is going through a major upgrade! You should totally see this Ochako...." And now even she was starting to fumble with her words. She was laughing internally at herself. She came here not only to be with her dead friend but also to make sure that her other childhood friend took care of himself, but look at her now! Tears form in her eyes and she sobs saying, "I wish you were here Ocha. Hanabi is such a nice girl. She is kind like you and is very thoughtful. Izuku raised her really well. Well I, Eri and Mama Midori did help but still! We all miss you Ocha!"

Izuku couldn't stop himself and slowly he slings his arm on Setsuna's shoulder and she lets herself wet his coat with her tears. Both of them even though neighbors, were like brothers and sisters. They were practically inseparable. There was one time in high school when Setsuna had to move to a new place, but both the friends reunited in University. They talk for some more time, both of them explaining how their days went till today. Izuku was in fact giving a monthly report which indicated that he visited the grave frequently while Setsuna visits once in two months.

Soon the time came for them to leave. They had to go recital after all and that was one thing Izuku didn't want to miss. Both of them get up from their sitting position and while Setsuna packed the sake bottle back in the bag, Izuku cleans Ochako's grave one last time and in a cheerful voice, he says, "See you soon Ochako! Tomorrow, I will bring Hanabi and Eri with me, so look forward for it", and both of them head out of the graveyard and the shrine to get into the car they left at the bottom of the hill.