Chapter 22 : God's Comedy is my Tragedy

"So... where shall we go?" Yui asks in an unexpectedly enthusiastic voice as she holds onto Izaiah and Hanabi. The little girl, not being able to pick up the change, simply replies, "I know! I know! Why don't we go to that arcade we passed by earlier! I bet Big brother Iza would like that too!"

"What do you think about Izaiah?" Yui asks which causes the boy to jump a bit and in a startled voice, he says, "Uh! Oh! Yeah! I would love to go there!" The gamer girl quickly caught onto the behavior of the boy, but doesn't say anything. She simply replies, "Well... arcade it is then!" and leads them into that direction.

Yui couldn't help but sigh as she saw the kids play. All she wanted was a good date and it was not everyday that Izuku suggested a place since he was always content to go to the places she wanted to go. It was safe to assume that she was excited. She bugged Ibarra to help her buy a new set of clothes, do her make up and all. She was also planning to introduce him to her parents and he planned on talking to her boyfriend about it when they were doing the journey back home. But fate always had to fuck up the nice things Yui had going and now she was stuck babysitting her boyfriend's kids while he sorted things out with his ex-girlfriend. Well not that she minds considering she was the one who volunteered.

Yui knew that the conversation Izuku and Izaiah's mom were having was going to get serious and kids don't need to get their day ruined. So she quickly came up with the idea to accompany kids back to the park (Hurray for her 'problem solver' status!) She looked at the kids and could see even though they have contrasting personalities, they complimented each other and how much of Izuku they were. Hanabi was an extrovert, while Izaiah was a straight introvert, but both of them can hold a good conversation. While Hanabi is an extrovert, she had trouble expressing herself in words, whereas Izaiah spits out what he wants others to know, and both of them understand each other very well. Yui can easily see that they have the same father (well Hanabi is adopted but you know...)

While they were playing, Yui decided to look up who exactly Melissa Shield was. She had heard that name from Izuku and considering Izaiah's last name is Shield, it was natural to get curious. What she didn't expect was a full Wikipedia page on her. Turns out she is a Nobel prize winning scientist and has around fifty seven patents. This woman was way beyond herself, who is just a game streamer. This disturbed Yui a bit, and she decided to text Setsuna to clear her mind. Maybe she could give her some clarity.

...Yui: Hey, you there

Setsuna: Hey... I thought you were on a date with Izuku...

...Yui: Well... something happened

There was a pause and suddenly, her phone dinged.

Setsuna: Hmmm... go on.

Yui: Well you see... Hanabi is not the only child Izuku has

There was a moment of silence, as if Setsuna had a heart attack and she was trying to recover. Yui looks back just to see that both Hanabi and Izaiah were still in her eye range when suddenly her phone dinged again.

Setsuna: Shit!

Setsuna: I didn't think that she would get caught this quick...

Yui was taken aback by the text and she quickly types back.

?!Yui: You knew

Setsuna: Well... yeah...

?Yui: Since when

Setsuna: Well... do you remember talking about meeting Izaiah on your first date.. When you explained to us that his mother is a scientist and eight years old, it clicked to me back then. After confronting Melissa, it was confirmed that Izuku is the father.