Chapter 4 : The Nerf War

The wind filled with the smell of sea was blowing all over the beach. Takoba beach was one of those beaches that even though famous it would still get few visitors. So it was a common sight to see few beach goers bathing in sea when the sun was at its highest in the afternoon. The best time to visit it would be in evening and night. It was the time when there would be more people and it was also common sight to see a shaved ice stall here and there. A gazebo which was very famous for lovers stood a little bit off shore. Cherry blossoms were seen doting the outskirts of the beach.

But just ten minutes' walk away from the gazebo stood a building opposite to the beach. A person might even mistake that specific building for a warehouse if it weren't for the signboard on the compound ball which said 'Million Dreams Studio'. Inside the warehouse was a parking space where few cars, few mopeds and few motorbikes and one bicycle stood. One might be wondering why a studio consisting of the small team would require such big warehouse as this. But this was not always their studio. At first, M D studio was nothing but a rented apartment floor. As time went by more income and more employees came in. And after years of its run time, they changed the location to their current one. The studio was not only thriving on its animation studio, but also after effects and film making. It has its very own five ViewSpace channel, namely M D Corner, M D Shots, KyoDen, Mei's Machina Mods and lastly Izuku's Dev Logs.

'M D Corner' was a channel which focused on daily life of the M D studio. So it was basically video logs which showed tit-bits of the studio workers daily life. 'M D Shots' was a channel where the studio would post their works like animation, live actions and short films. 'KyoDen' was a music channel where Kyoka and Denki shined the best. They did their own music scores, their covers on existing songs and many more. 'Mei's Machina Mods' is a channel were Mei shows off her projects and their building progress. Lastly 'Izuku's Dev Logs' was a channel where Izuku would weekly post videos about his development of his games. Mirio would be lying if he denied the fact these channels pulled the studio out during its tough phase.

Today was the day when the studio finished its eight years. Many of them were busy, but not with work. Katsuma, Kota, Shoto and Hitoshi were seen sticking up the flyers, while Reiko, Itsuka, Tetsu, Tenya and Fumikage are seen moving the tables which were taking up spaces. Setsuna and Juzo are seen stocking the fridge with drinks like beer, whiskey, energy drinks, water, orange juice and Momo is seen talking to caterers, a friend of hers back from high school. Nejire and Fuwa are seen sorting out tangled lights and Mirio and Tamaki are seen changing flickering lights. Mei is seen on a step ladder setting up a multi-coloured light. Denki was nowhere to be seen. One TV was broadcasting a live e-sports match between 'League of Valiants' and 'Meta Legion Ace'. Izuku didn't come in yet and Kyoko and Anna are seen sorting out which music to be used.

"Mei! After setting that light, would you mind helping us set up this jukebox?" Kyoka shouts to a woman with pink dreadlocks and yellow eyes, who replies, "Ok! Tenya pass me that screwdriver". Anna looks at Kyoka, who looked like a perfect mix between punk and Goth and asks, "Miss Jirou is this set of songs good enough?"

Kyoka looks at the computer to look at the list of songs their new employee has created. The punk-goth woman has to say that their new employee was very capable. As she scrolled down the list, the woman says, "Anna, I have said you many times. It's ok to call everyone here by their first name. Everyone here is a family. So call me Kyoka". The American girl nods and Kyoka was very impressed by the list of songs she compiled. As she was about to say ok, her eyes falls on songs of specific band. She looks at Anna and says, "Well your list is good, but can you get rid of the songs made by 'Dynamight Heads'?"

"What is wrong with Dynamight Heads?" Anna asks and before Kyoka could reply, Katsuma says, "Anna, I think nobody has mentioned this to you, but that name is kind of a taboo in our studio. We also have an unspoken rule of not mentioning Dynamight Heads around Izuku and Setsuna out loud". "Why?" Anna asks her mentor who was of same age, but Kyoka noticed a blush climbing on the girl's face as she talked to Katsuma. 'She has a crush on Katsuma, huh?' the Goth girl smirks to herself as Katsuma says, "Nobody knows, except for Mirio, Tamaki, Fuwa and Nejire. It is kind of a sore topic for them". The girl nods and suddenly she remembers something. She looks at Kyoka and asks, "I don't understand one thing. Why did you ask me to get the nerf gun and walkie-talkie you guys gifted me when I joined, today?"