Chapter 9 : The Restaurant Date

Yui has always been a problem solver. That is one thing she prides herself for, in secret. Her father wanted her to be an engineer and she wanted to be a streamer. In order to have a middle ground, she agreed to do engineering, but once she graduated with a degree, she is pleased to do what she wanted. Half of the reason she never got along with her father because of this. Sure, she meets her parents from time to time, but it doesn't mean that she had good relation with them. Her mother nagged her about getting married and her father grumbled about how she didn't get a job as an engineer. There was time during her cultural festival of her high school. Half of her class wanted to make an Italian café while half of the class wanted to do a maid café. All she did was suggest making an Italian café with maids and that year, her class won the first place.

But now, she was in a pinch. Right now she had no idea how to use her 'Problem Solver' status. Now, walking beside her is the man who made her laugh and she has no idea what to say. Izuku Midoriya is a handsome guy; she has to say that first. His hair was seemed more tamed than the one Setsuna showed and the blue shirt he wore really went with her blue skirt. For some reason, she suspected that a dinosaur loving idiot was behind this match. But at the same time his black pants were a stark contrast to her white top. Her gaze falls upon his red shoes and to be honest, that was the only thing that seemed out of the place, but she didn't mind. Slowly her eyes fall on his hands. His right hand was scarred and a bit crooked, while his clean left hand had a watch. The black watch was in a pristine condition but the red leather straps which were holding it together was worn, indicating he has had that watch for quite some time. He was also actively trying to match his pace with hers, which the gamer woman found appreciative.

'What am I supposed to say? Should I ask how he is? But wouldn't that be too familiar? God! Even though I curse you every now and then because you gave me an apathetic face, now you have no idea how glad I am for having it. Those dating websites didn't help very much when it comes to the first date', Yui thinks to herself as both of them made their way to the Black Mist Restaurant.

"I didn't know that you wear glasses. Are they prescribed?" Midoriya says while looking at her which causes Yui to break out of her inner turmoil. Her hand reaches out to her glasses and she says, "Y-yeah. You know, since I sit in front of a monitor all day, all those blue light did affect my eyes a bit. I don't wear them in streams because if there is too much change, then the viewers start to complain. So I wear lens during streams". The green haired man nods with understanding and Yui suddenly says, "I tend to talk too much when I am nervous. So feel free to stop me if you find it annoying".

"Well, Kodai, if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have known that you were nervous. I don't mind you talking. I used to be like that few years back. And about you being nervous, I understand. Setsuna did say me that this was your first date", Midoriya says and then he adds, "Also feel free to stop me. I tend to mumble a lot when I am thinking and it creeps people out a lot". Yui nods and in order to keep the conversation going, she says, "So where did you park your car? As much as I remember, you did say that you were stuck in traffic". The guy replies, "I parked it in the mall's parking lot". The video game streamer looks at the animator and asks, "Isn't that space supposed to be for one who visits the mall?"

Midoriya shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well I did pay for the parking space, so I better make a good use of it. They don't check whether every single owner is in mall or not and you know how annoying parking meters on the streets can be". Yui nods and as she looks ahead, she says, "Well that is actually very smart". Izuku smiles but it goes unnoticed by the mask he wore. From far, they might look like an ideal couple. Them walking with one arm distance from each other and the guy trying to match the girl's pace, and them having a conversation, made everyone think that they were a seasoned couple. But a single thought crosses the said couple's mind.