18.

(⚠️:this chapter includes homophobic slurs, violence. Do not read if uncomfortable.)

Rain was pouring down in silla dynasty, chilly winds with thunders and gushes went by from time to time that sent chills down people's spines.

Taehyung was sitting in the study room reading a book of poems but his mind was somewhere else.

"You haven't turned a single page of that book for like one whole hour Taehyung." Namjoon said, looking at Taehyung with disbelief.

"Oh,um,"Taehyung cleared his throat. "I-i was reading.. it's-"

"I'm not always nosy but honestly, snap out of it, will you? You have to present a poem to the northern king, Taehyung. Be a little more cautious." Namjoon said and went back to writing his speech for that day.

The king from north  is arriving this week and Taehyung has to perform a goddamn poem. As absurd as that sounds, Taehyung had no choice but to do it. After all, they have to keep a healthy relationship with them, though deep down, they all knew they never would trust each other.

"It's such nonsense." Taehyung whined. "I wanna go meet Yoongi."

Namjoon sighed and droped the quill. "Taehyung. Just because I and Jin hyung supported you on this does not mean the whole world will do too. You saw how father reacted. It's not that easy for us-"

"I'd fight against the world for him." Taehyung said with a stern face and though Namjoon was older than him, he felt small under his gaze. "I meant it when I said I'm in love with him. And when I say it, I mean it. No body can stop me from having him, even father."

"Taehyung I know,"Namjoon said, trying to sound reasonable. "I know I told you to go after him and I still do. But what I'm saying is..be careful. I know you both are young and all but.. stop being reckless. i just don't want you both to turn out like  us."

"I know hyung." Taehyung gave him a small smile. "I'm just saying. And I'll make sure to protect the both of us."

Taehyung got up from his desk and collected his stuff,leaving Namjoon alone in the study room.

"I'm just scared, Taehyung.."Namjoon mumbled.

                               ×××

Jimin and Yoongi had been informed of the cancellation of classes today because of heavy rains. Jimin was much delighted by the news,but Yoongi wasn't.

"I was hoping to show master Jung my moves today." Yoongi sighed. As they made their way towards the dining hall where all the students gathered to eat.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "Just enjoy the holidays when you're at it! You'll have to perform in a week or so, no?"

"Yeah." Yoongi sighed. "I don't know what will I do rotting all day inside here."

Jimin warmly smiled at Yoongi. "We ca—"

But before Jimin could finish his words, he had tripped upon something and fell on the he floor.

Yoongi was perplexed for a moment as he saw Jimin groan in pain,he heard howls of laughter and saw that jerk from the other day that knocked Jimin out. But this time he wasn't alone,to his surprise Eunwoo was right beside him, smirking.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Yoongi growled at the man and then went to help Jimin up. "There—"

Yoongi felt a painful kick from behind him as he fell head on in the floor beside Jimin.

He heard the man click his tongue. "Bunch of faggots."

Yoongi coughed out blood,the sheer pain on his back was so intense it almost felt like his bones had broken.