Chapter 29

You finally tore your eyes away from Thrawn to scan the bridge

You finally tore your eyes away from Thrawn to scan the bridge. You'd been here one other time, and while you had seen it before, you had been primarily focused on the panoramic view of space. This time you tried to look around more closely at everything else. 

There was the command bridge you were walking down the middle of. It separated two crew pits that were sunken in on either side of it. There were also two stations to the right and left of those at the walkway elevation, with access by the command bridge as it wrapped around the outside of the crew pits. 

None of the officers in the room saluted or jumped to attention when you and Thrawn entered. Which struck you as odd until you realized that it was probably more important that they continue to monitor their stations, and that it would likely be standard procedure for that particular formality to be ignored. 

Some of the officers were glancing up at you as you walked past, but they all quickly averted their eyes and went back to their jobs. You couldn't really tell for sure what each crew pit station was for outside of the obvious comm station located in the crew pit. It was being manned by a Senior Communications Officer... Lomar, if you read the name badge correctly. 

That was the only name you had time to read before you and Thrawn reached the fore end of the command bridge where his new command chair had recently been installed. Thrawn turned to face the crew pit and you turned to face him, waiting for him to begin introducing you to the bridge. 

"Officer's, I'm sure you are all aware of the identity our our guest." His voice tipped with a bit of sarcasm. No doubt there had been discussions behind his back regarding his recent engagement. "Her formal title is 'Her highness' as you are also well aware. Though she prefers the less formal, 'Ma'am' while she is aboard ship." 

You hadn't expected Thrawn to say that last bit, but you were glad he had. You really did hate all the formal titles. And while having everyone call you 'Ma'am' wasn't exactly relaxed, it was at least a little bit more casual.

There was a chorus of "Yes sir,"  that echoed quickly from the crew pit and died away. Then Thrawn began quietly explaining to you the ins and outs of the crew pits, what each station was for, and the name of the officer currently manning it. You did notice that he did not have to read any name badges to remember everyone's name. And he did indeed remember every single one.

He was a good leader, you could tell. A fact that was made all the more obvious when you noticed a patch that was on every uniform in the room except Thrawn's. The symbol of a chimaera on every shoulder. The Chimaera was uniquely Thrawn, and his crew had latched onto that to give a unified show of loyalty to their Admiral. 

Commander Faro had been in charge of the bridge before Thrawn had shown up, and she was probably going to be here until Thrawn dismissed her for her own rest cycle. She had been over to the right of the bridge by the defense console talking in a low voice with the officer stationed there, but now she approached the two of you and saluted. "Admiral... Ma'am." she said, saluting you as well. She didn't bow like was customary. She saluted you. Commander Faro struck you as someone who most things that she did were on purpose. It was a military gesture of respect, not a political one. You wondered what the implications of that could be. You decided you'd have to think it over later. 

"I've just finished running the checks and everything's in order. If there is nothing further Sir?" 

Thrawn nodded, "No Commander Faro, there is not."

"The bridge is yours Sir." 

Thrawn "Thank you Commander, you are dismissed." Commander Faro saluted again before turning on her heel, much more gracefully than Ensign DeKari had, and left the bridge. 

Thrawn continued the tour of the crew pit. Introducing you personally to every officer on duty, and the job that went with them. There was a surprisingly large number of stations crammed into the crew pit. You would honestly hate to have to be stuck in one of them for an entire shift. There was, Technical Services Officer, Chief Navigation Officer, Flight Data Officer, Tracking Systems Officer, Combat Supervisory Officer, Deflector Shield Array Officer, Tractor Beam Targeting Array Officer, Sensor Array Officer, Targeting Officer, Senior Lieutenant Pyrondi, who was the Weapons Officer, Senior Lieutenant Lomar, who you already knew was the Communications Officer. There was a Weapons Station Officer, apparently they did something different that Senior Lieutenant Pyrondi, Senior Lieutenant Yve, who was the Starfighter Commander, Major Ayer, the Stormtrooper Commander, and the Flag Captain Albus Marinith. 

The only names you actually remembered after the onslaught was Senior Lieutenants Pyrondi, Lomar, and Yve, Major Ayer, and Flagship Captain Marinith. 

After making the rounds you and Thrawn ended back up at the fore of the bridge by the chair.

"And this---" Thrawn began as he moved to sit, but you cut him off by sidestepping him and sitting down in the command chair yourself. 

Author's note: Here you guys go! Next chapter is going to get crazy and I'm already working on it, so stay tuned! It'll probably be out in about another hour.

Love you BYE!