Chapter 18

You turned off the Grand Corridor, to a side hallway

You turned off the Grand Corridor, to a side hallway. You were still heading towards your class. 

"...Well, since we can't talk about us... you want to come to my class with me? That is if you don't have anywhere else to be..."

"I don't have anything I have to do for a couple hours as a matter of fact. What is this class about?" Thrawn actually seemed legitimately interested.

"I think today is Cultural Studies. We are about halfway through the major systems in the core. Deep core was over pretty quickly since nobody has really been able to get to them for a long time."

You think you may have actually seen Thrawn perk up when you said 'Cultural Studies'. 

You came to the door and it whisked open. Thrawn followed you in. 

"Hello Professor."

The man bowed low in a formal greeting. "Your Highness. And am I correct in assuming your companion is the Grand Admiral Thrawn?" He said as he straightened, looking unabashedly curious.

You smiled. Out of all you professors, Seric Parlcel was your favorite. He was always very formal right off the bat, but once the two of you had gotten familiar with each other he had very quickly become lax in the posturing. He was on of the few people you were able to talk to without wondering if he was just telling you what he thought you wanted to hear.

"Professor, this is Admiral Thrawn. Admiral, Professor Seric Parlcel."

The ageing professor almost jumped forward to grasp Thrawn's hand, and shake it. He looked up at Thrawn, "Lovely to meet you! Yes this is most exciting! We simply must talk! Do sit down, please. Most exciting!" Professor Seric finally stopped shaking Thrawn's hand and scrambled around to sit behind his desk. 

The professor had been given a generic office room to set up shop in when he was hired on to teach you, and in the short time that he had been in it, it had already turned into a huge mess. Data pads and papers were everywhere. There were even at least 300 old fashioned books. Most were in strange dialects. Some were made of paper and others you weren't sure you even wanted to know what they were made out of. He was an eclectic man, full of chaotic energy. He was fun.

Thrawn didn't seem to know what to make of the man. There was actual shock written on Thrawn's face. You tried to hide your smile when Thrawn looked over at you. It looked like he was pleading for help. You decided not to give it to him, the emotion on his face was just too hilarious to get rid of. 

You threw yourself down in to one of the two padded chairs facing the desk, pulled your legs up under your skirt, lounged back, and motioned to Thrawn to do the same, still smiling. "So professor, what is it going to be today?" 

"Oh before we start I simply must ask you some questions!" The professor replied, though mostly not to you, It was like you weren't even there today. "I have heard that- Oh!" He cut himself off as if remembering his manners, "May I? I suppose I should ask first..." He looked expectantly at Thrawn waiting for an answer.