" A little birdie told me that he used to play football back in his old school. So that means he has the potential to join the team. And also it would be a great waste to lose a good player which", he said with a playful smirk, before he turned around to Hyunjin, his gaze fixed on him. " But don't tell me that you have no Idea about it".

While the others kept quiet, Tae sighed softly. He could feel the tension rising between the two. Moreover, the fact that he hid things from Hyunjin is now being brought up. And all this is not going to end well.

So before anyone could start again he stepped in. " Don't mess with him, Jungkook", Tae said, warningly. " He doesn't know about the fact that I used to play, or hide that from him. Because I'm nomore interested in playing the game. So there is nothing to do with it now. It's in the past".

Hyunjin wrapped his arms around him, giving him a squeeze.

But Jungkook didn't seem to be affected by it.

He turned to the coach. " Mr. Han, the competition is already tight. And he used to play for his school. Means he is good at it. So I hope you won't just let go of someone like him even though he is stubborn not to join".

But Hyunjin was quick to respond. " No. Jungkook. Even if he used to play, it doesn't matter if he is not intending to play again. So stop meddling in other people's business".

Jungkook sighed, seemingly annoyed.

" My dearest friend, aren't you the council president? Shouldn't you support this instead of opposing it?"

Tae sighed softly looking at the bickering duo. Maybe this is a sign. He has a lot of questions in his head. But those can wait.

" I'll do it", he said, getting everyone's attention. " I would like to join if you guys are okay with it".

" Then you can go to the team selection that will be on this weekend", the coach said.

" Actually he doesn't need to attend. He is already selected", Hyunjin interjected.

Everyone turned to Hyunjin and was not pleased.

" And why so?", the coach furrowed his eyebrows.

Hyunjin shrugged, unbothered. " Because whatever he does he is always above average. He doesn't waste his time doing something he is not good at. If he used to play, then he would be great at it. So he needs not go through all the procedures", he finished off with a stern look.

Everyone present there remains quite not knowing how to handle this situation.

Sanha has a done expression. To everyone's surprise Jungkook too remained silent.

But Tae was not going to let this affect his future reputation. " No that would not do", he said, shocking the rest.

" I'll go through whatever it takes to get into the team. If i'm getting in the team, I want it to be fair".

Hyunjin was quick to respond after the initial shock wore off. " Tae", he called, his voice was soft. " You don't need to do that. I know you have the potential".

Tae shakes his head. " I know. But it's just you who knows that. But the others don't. So I'm not letting anyone use this against me in the future".

Hyunjin sighed looking around. " Okay. Then it's settled. If he wants that, then it would be better".

Jungkook chuckled. " Okay. Guys thank me later", he said.

But without even waiting for anyone he turned around and walked away.