--chapter thirty four-- back in the UK

--seventeen hours earlier in the UK.. right after y/n and Dream left for the airport--

--george pov--

My body is frozen in place on the couch after Wilbur and Tommy left.

What just happened? Did I really just end things with y/n?

Why would you do that, idiot? I berate myself. I've done some stupid things, but that's probably one of the top.

I can't lose them. They're my person. I've known that ever since they asked me to be a tourist with them. They bring a sense of adventure but also safety to my world.

We were happy.

So why would you end that?

Long distance is hard. Everyone that's ever done that will tell you that. What if I sleep too long and they think I'm ignoring them? What if streaming makes it harder to talk every day?

I wouldn't want long distance to be the downfall of our relationship. I would rather end it while it's good, rather than torture ourselves later.

But what if I ended it too soon?

What if long distance would be worth it in the long run? What if you just ruined something that was a forever kind of thing?

I never believed in soul mates. I thought there were just people that you mesh with, but lately. Oh gosh lately. Ever since I met them. Ever since they appeared at my door with a bag in hand. I remember silently thanking Dream for having hot friends who forget their passports.

But then I got to know them, and I slowly fell for every bit of them.

I fell for their smile that they have when they first wake up and realize that they fell asleep. I fell for the way they roll their eyes when you're being stupid. I fell for the way they're always down for anything, the way they manage to find the beauty in everything their eyes lay sight on.

I fell for them as a person.

And why would you let go of that, George?

I get up from my seat. I walk over to my desk.

I can't let myself lose something so great. Some things are worth the effort.

I rummage through the top drawer until I find a small booklet.

My passport.

I'm going to fight for my relationship.

--author's note--

guys i'm writing a new story called 'all we have is now'! it's a feral boys x oc (not poly) i think it's a different take on fanfiction so i hope that you guys will enjoy it! it'll be out once this george x reader is done!

have a great day! <33