--chapter fourteen-- streamer

"George," I say slowly, "Who are you and what do you really do?"

"Listen, I can explain," he starts off. "I'm a streamer and I play minecraft and-"

"You have a ton of followers. I got that part." I laugh. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Uh," he thinks for a second, "I just didn't want to overwhelm you or anything. I wasn't sure if you would look at me differently."

"I don't look at you differently at all, George." I shake my head. "I actually think it's kinda cool. "

"Really?" He sounds hopeful.

"Yeah, I wish I had known sooner," I shrug, "but now you can show me all the ins and outs."

"Yeah that sounds great!" he laughs. "This is insane but like in a good way."

I give him a smile. "Are you still down for dinner?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, let me just change real quick."

He leaves and shuts the door behind him. I also change out of my sweats.

It's crazy that he had this whole other world that I didn't know about. I feel like we could get a lot closer now because of it.

I walk out of my room to see George standing there.

"You ready?" he asks, wringing his hands together.

"Yeah," I say, eying his nervous tic, "You okay?"

"Amazing," he says as he puts on a coat. "It's great that you know about me and..." he pauses as if he's waiting for something.

"Your channel?" I ask, questioning the look on his face.

"Yupp, my channel." he laughs nervously, "Just mine."

I choose to ignore the awkwardness of that conversation.

We walk to a little restaurant to get some food. George and I both order tacos.

We start to talk like we always do. Nothing seems to really be changed in our dynamic except that he seems a little more open with some things.

George is laughing as he tells me about his friends Karl and Quackity. I recognize their names from the beginning of the video. I realize that I never finish the video. I remember the green blob standing on the far right. I wonder if he's close with the Dream guy.

It's fascinating that he gets to have so much fun with his job. He gets paid to hang out with his friends.

I pause for a moment as I realize that George works with Clay. I wonder if he helps with the channels.

"Wait, what does Clay do?" I ask, "Help with editing and stuff?"

George hesitates before answering. "Yeah, he helps me edit and film and stuff. He's really good with all of it."

"Oh, that's really cool." I smile as I take a bite of my food. "No wonder you guys are always up so late talking."

"Yeah, we bounce ideas and stuff." George takes a bite of his food. "Quackity is actually really good with ideas. He does this whole production type thing with his streams. He's really fucking passionate."

"Language," I roll my eyes, "Did he prefilm them?" I ask.

"Are you sure that you didn't know before?" George questions me.

"Yeah," I laugh, "Why?"

"My friends- his name is BadBoyHalo- he says language all the time. It's his thing."

I laugh. "I feel like a lot of people say that."

"Yeah but that's just crazy though. He's known for that." George shakes his head in disbelief.

"Trust me, I didn't know. I get it from my Grandma Betty."

"I'll ask him about it," he says, "Maybe you're related."

"Okay, George," I humor him, "You do that."

We enjoy the rest of our dinner. I'm still not sure if it's a date or not, but I'm not going to stress about it too much. I have a feeling this won't be our last dinner.

I sigh as I sit on my bed when I get home. George is taking a shower.

I remember the video I was watching earlier. I pull it back up and press play.

"Okay, It's starting. It started." George says as he starts to run in the game. "I'm going."

"Wait, George," a voice says, "I have a gift. I have a gift for you."

George turns to the green blob.

I pause the video. Wait what?

I rewind the video.

"Wait, George," the smooth, familiar voice says, "I have a gift. I have a gift for you."

My mouth pops open. That was Clay.

--author's note--

ohhhh what's going to happen???

hope you guys are enjoying! have a great day :)

word count: 713