--chapter seventeen-- watch

I roll over in my bed. I smile a little to myself as I think of my kiss with George last night.

I know most people wouldn't find it to be the most practical thing in the world. I mean, I am going back to America in a couple weeks, but I think that we could make things work. He has lots of long distance friendships. How different could a long distance relationship be?

I try not to mull over it for too long and start my day. George doesn't wake up until later in the afternoon. He walks out of his room, messing with his bed head.

"Morning," he grumbles.

"Good morning," I smile.

He grabs a cup from the cupboard and fills it with water. "I think I'm going to stream a little today."

My smile falters. "Oh okay," I get up from my stool. "I'll be in my room if you need anything."

I take a deep breath once I retreated to my safe space.

George didn't mention the kiss or act like it happened at all. Did it not mean anything to him?

Don't be ridiculous y/n. How was he supposed to bring it up?

I guess I just thought there would be some sort of switch after the kiss, and not everything would be completely the same.

No, there should be a switch. Us kissing last night should've made a significant change in our dynamic.

I lay down on my bed with a sigh.

At least I think it should've.

I can hear George start his stream. I lay restless in my bed.

I managed to clean my room and organize some of my clothes. Twice.

My leg bounces as I sit, waiting for him to be done streaming.

Screw it, I'm just going to watch what he's doing.

I pull up twitch and click on his stream. He's playing minecraft with Dream, Sapnap and Quackity.

"George, what are you doing?" Dream asks as George builds something.

"I don't know, I'm bored," he laughs a little bit.

"Ahh," Quackity runs by them with auto tune, "We're going feral."

"We need Karl to join," Sapnap says, obviously speaking close to the microphone, "We need Karl."

I laugh a little bit. It's weird to hear them talk on a stream. They act just like they do in real life.

"Yeah, Karl," George looks straight into the camera, "If you're watching my stream. Join the game."

"He's too busy for us," Dream says as he crouches in game.

"He's busy?" Quackity asks, "Is he on a date? Oh my gosh Karl's on a date?"

"Is he? What?" I can tell Dream is being sarcastic and that it's a joke.

"Woo Karl," Sapnap laughs again.

Dream hits George's character in game.

"Oh my gosh, Dream." George rolls his eyes. "Wait, I actually have to tell you something later."

"What is it?" Dream whispers even though everyone can hear him still. "Did you go on a date?"

I can see a faint blush on George's cheeks. He's talking about me.

"What? No." George shakes his head, "Remember that one conversation we had?"

"No," Dream says flat out, "We have a lot of conversations, George."

George rolls his eyes. "Whatever. I'll tell you later." He glances at the camera as if he remembered thousands of people are watching.

"Okay."

They continue playing minecraft. I feel a little better now after hearing him mention it. I'm sure I was just overreacting to nothing.

I knew George didn't forget the kiss, but now I know it's a little important to him. At least important enough to tell his friend.

I watch until George ends the stream, then he raids Sapnap. I shut my computer and stretch a little bit.

There's a knock on my door, followed by George's voice. "Hey I'm done streaming. I'm going to join Sapnap's stream, but I won't have a camera on me if you want to sit in for it."

I decided to join the stream. I sit quietly in a chair next to George, watching it all.

"I don't know what you're talking about." George shakes his head. "I'm not lying. I don't know what you're talking about."

I can't hear the other end of the conversation, but I find it hilarious with the parts I can hear from George's side. I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud.

George glances at me and jokingly rolls his eyes. "They're ridiculous," he says out loud to me.

A few seconds later his eyes grow wide. "What? No. Nobody is here. It's just me. I was talking to myself."

I have to cover my laugh even more at his panic.

"I was not."

He gives me a little smile and mouths the word oops.

I end up laying on the couch during the rest of the stream train. I listen to half of the conversations.

Someone nudges me awake after a while. I look up to see George's face. I smile.

"Come on," he says softly, "let's get you to bed."

I get up from my spot. George leads me all the way to my door with a hand on my back.

"Goodnight," I mumble, rubbing my eyes. I lean into his side a little bit as a half hug.

"Goodnight y/n," he kisses my forehead. "Sleep well."

--author's note--

they're adorable i can't

i just wrote like three chapters of this in one sitting and i haven't been able to do that much writing in one sitting since 'streamer next door'... ahh i feel like i got my mojo backk

hope you guys are enjoying! have a great day :))

word count: 896