--chapter twenty five-- new life

"Did you grab the donuts from the store?" George asks as he looks through our fridge.

I roll my eyes. "Why would I put them in the fridge? They're on the counter dummy."

"Sorry, I'm a little nervous," he admits as he inspects the donuts I bought for Clay.

"I mean who wouldn't," I laugh. "You're meeting your best friend for the first time in real life."

Clay is supposed to be at the flat any minute now. He left the airport about half an hour ago. We were going to go pick him up, but we were worried fans would recognize either of us, therefore recognizing Dream. We just wanted to be safe.

"It's just so-"

There's a knock on the door.

"Is that?" George says as he points to the door.

I smile. "You have any other plans?"

George all but runs to the door. He pauses to get his act together before swinging the door open.

"OHH GEORGE" Clay says as he opens it.

They give each other a bear hug before completely walking into the flat.

Clay looks around the apartment before his eyes land on me. "Hey stranger," he jokes before giving me a hug.

He's the same Clay I've always known and loved. A part of me wondered if it would be weird now that I know about Dream, but honestly it's the exact same. Thank goodness.

"It's so weird to see you here," I say as I release him.

"It's weird to see George and you in the same room." Clay shakes his head with a laugh.

"It's weird seeing you in general," George jokes.

I laugh a little. This must be weird to see his friend's face for the first time ever. He seems to be handling it pretty well. I'd be freaking out.

"Well? What do you think?" Clay does a little spin.

"Tall,"

Clay rolls his eyes. "Whatever,"

"Do you want to put your stuff in here?" I ask Clay, pointing to my room. George only has two rooms, so I'll be staying in his room while Clay is here.

I cleaned my room for Clay's stay, but I also carefully put some things away to pack. I didn't have a lot before, so it didn't take a lot to do.

I still haven't talked to George. I know it's getting late since I'm leaving in a week and a half. I am going to talk to him. Maybe not tonight, but I will very very soon.

Plus, Clay is here, who is going to do everything in his power to ensure I do talk to George about it. He seems to be our relationship's biggest supporter.

Clay sets his stuff on the floor of my room. We sit on the couch as we talk for a long time.

I leave after a bit to go get a pizza. We could've ubered it to our house, but I wanted to give the boys some time to catch up by themselves. I don't want to be the overly-clingy significant other who always seems to be there.

I walk down the sidewalk. How many more walks do I have? I doubt I'll take as many trips because Clay is here. This might be one of my last walks that I get to take by myself down the city streets.

I admire all the trees and people that I pass. I will always cherish the past six weeks of my life. They have changed my life for the better. I will never be the same person ever again, and that is all thanks to George.

George showed me how to appreciate the little things in life. He showed me all the best places in London. George showed me a whole new world of streaming. He showed me new levels of friendship. He showed me how to love.

I'm not one to use the big L word very often, but I would definitely say that I am falling. Hard.

What would've happened if I didn't take a risk by staying with a total stranger? I would probably be sulking in a hotel room. Actually, I would probably be gone.

I would have my passport. I would have my ticket home. I would've been on the first flight out of here.

Yet, here I am, dreading the moment I have to leave this beautiful city.

I try not to think of it as the ending of my time here, but the beginning of my new life.

George and I have something. I don't know if it's the something, but it's there. And it's great.

I don't want to lose this at all. I want this to be the beginning of a great relationship. The beginning of the rest of my life.

--author's note--

only two more weeks in London.. maybe lol

have an amazing day :)

word count: 774