--chapter twenty six-- kick

I never considered how I planned to open the door with a pizza box in hand, let alone unlock the door. I stand in front of the door for a solid minute before deciding to just hit the door with my foot.

George opens the door after I kicked the door exactly six times, much too slow for my taste.

"What are you doing?" George asks.

I walk past him and into the flat. I hand the pizza to Clay, who was standing behind him.

"I couldn't open the door," I shrug.

"So you played football with the door?" George chuckles.

"Football?" Clay turns to give George a look, "You mean soccer."

George rolls his eyes. "You're in the UK now. It's football," he says matter-of-factly.

Clay sets the pizza down on the counter. "I love football, so I know they were not playing it when they kicked the door."

"Well they kicked it with their feet," George points out.

I don't mention that I only used one foot.

"That doesn't matter," Clay waves it off, "Football has a totally different ball."

"And uses their hands," George scoffs.

"I'll be right back. I have to use the bathroom," Clay says, "but this conversation is far from over."

"Whatever," George mutters as Clay walks into the bathroom.

I reach up to grab some plates. George wraps his arms around me from behind as I set them on the counter.

"Hi," he whispers into my hair.

"Hi," I whisper back, following his lead.

I turn around to give him a real hug. We stand like that for a moment.

This. This is exactly what I'm going to miss when I have to go back to America. I'm going to miss the sweet little moments throughout my day with George.

George pulls back slightly from the hug to look me in the eyes. His hair is a little bit messed up from something. I move one piece out of his face.

"What are you thinking?" he asks softly.

I pause for a moment. I'm thinking about how I love this place. How I love London. How I think I could love him if I stayed.

I'm thinking about how I hate to have to leave. I'm thinking of how I want to pack him in my suitcase to bring him to Florida.

But I can't tell him that. Not here. Not now.

"I'm thinking about us," I say softly. I look down at the collar of his shirt. It's slightly raised up out of place.

"What about us?" he messes with a stand of my hair.

"How great it is," I say back with a little smile. I fix the collar of his shirt.

"It really is, isn't it?" he agrees.

The door to the bathroom opens. George moves away slightly, but keeps one arm wrapped around my waist. I smile a little at the gesture.

"I think that y/n was playing soccer because they're American," Clay says as he walks into the kitchen, "so they were playing according to their culture."

"But y/n has been in England for the last two months," George shrugs, "They could've acclimated to our amazing culture."

"Oh whatever," Clay makes a face. He was clearly relying on the one statement and not expecting George to have a comeback. "I still think they played soccer with the door."

"They literally used their feet," George turns to clay, "Football."

"They used their feet," Clay mocks, "Soccer."

"They," I joke as if the boys aren't referring to me, "would like you to stop talking about their feet."

George hands Clay a plate. "Either way I'm right. My flat, my rules," he says, "It was football."

"He's got you there," I joke as I put a piece of pizza on my plate.

"He does not."

"I do too," George laughs.

"Want to watch a movie?" Clay asks.

"Nice way to change the subject," George says as he walks over to where the remote is, "but sure."

We decide on a movie while we eat our pizza. After we finish eating, we all settle in on the couch. George sits with his arm around me, and I put my feet up on the . Clay sits near my feet with a blanket.

I must've fallen asleep at one point because George nudges me softly awake. I move my head up to look at him. I notice Clay is already gone.

"Let's go to bed, love," he whispers.

I nod a little and let him lead me to the room. I crawl under the covers and snuggle up next to him. I feel safe as I lay there, as if nothing could touch me as long as I was with George.

And I had just about the best sleep I've ever had.

--author's note--

i'm not sure why but this chapter made me feel all fuzzy inside while writing it.. i just thought it was cute with comments and fluff ahh idk.. i just love their little relationship

anyways have an amazing day :)