"Yes, I'd wager at least 1,100 individuals give or take a few with that last name in the Central City area alone," Clifford said.

"The name's been identified for its connection to four separate criminal cases," Joe said.

"So you think my husband is a witness to these crimes?" The woman asked.

"No, we'd like to eliminate him as a suspect," Barry said but the woman looked almost offended.

"You can't be serious," she said.

"That's all right, Marlize," Clifford said, revealing his wife's name. "Do go ahead."

"So, Professor, what brought you to Central City?" Joe asked.

"I grew up in South Africa. After studying history and econometrics at the University of Johannesburg, I took a teaching position at Oxford," Clifford explained.

"That's where we met," Marlize added and Clifford smiled. "He swept me off my feet and we have been together ever since."

"It did take a tenured offer from Central City University to lure me away from the Oxford faculty. That was five years ago," Clifford continued on.

"Question," Mon said as he pulled out a picture of Deacon. "Do you know Ramsey Deacon?"

He showed them the picture but they looked confused. "No, should I?" Clifford asked.

"What about Becky Sharpe?" Barry asked, showing a picture of her.

"No, I'm afraid not," Clifford said.

"Ralph Dibny?" Mon asked, showing them his picture but he shook his head.

"Mina Chaytan?" Barry asked, showing her picture, but this time it was different.

"Mina Chaytan," Clifford said, taking the picture from Barry. "Now, that name's familiar."

"Isn't this the Native American woman that left abruptly? You know, the anthropologist?" Marlize asked.

"Yes, I remember," Clifford said and the three that they had him. "I was so sad to see her go."

"You were colleagues," Joe said in a questionable tone. "Did she mention her work?"

"No, no, no. Mina was an animated woman. Then again, people like us who see education as a calling, we often are," Clifford said as Barry glanced over at something on his wall. A painting of a samurai.

"That painting," Barry pointed out and now his friends noticed it. "Uh, it's beautiful."

"The samurai," Clifford said, glancing at it for a moment before looking back at Barry. "They were formidable foes. They'd often make unstoppable enemies to their opponents. You wouldn't want to cross one."

But Barry and Mon narrowed their eyes at him, the tone in his voice already seemingly suspicious. "So you spent time in Japan?" Joe asked.

"The feudal history of medieval Japan is one of my areas of expertise," Clifford said.

"Then you must speak the language?" Mon asked.

"Hai, watashi wa gakumon-kaide shika shiyo shite imasen," Clifford said. [Yes, I only do it at the handing over Japanese academic society.]

Mon stared at him oddly as Marlize smiled. "He also speaks French, Italian, Mandarin, and several other languages," she bragged and Mon wanted to roll his eyes.

Try speaking Daxamite...

"Here's the thing, here's the thing. I love teaching. It gives me the opportunity to broaden perspectives. But you can't just inspire people to be better. You somehow need to change the way people think-"