This Clique

Craig wiped his hand across his face, to get himself together. He stood up, clearly getting his emotions in order, "At least, we know the result. However, we didn't come to Detroit just to be moping around. We need to make most of the time we have here." He exclaimed, like he was head of the football team, trying to boast his members mood up before the game. "I'm with you." I said, smiling and pulling myself up. Though the memories are still there, I will just use them to help me recover and become stronger.

I climbed onto his shoulders, as he held my thighs, for support. We ran to the elevator, messing about. We stood in the elevator as plain, elevator music played. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, 'it's going to be alright, Hazel. These things just take time.' I told myself. I know we will get past this.

We stepped into the hotel room, "I think we should go to the beach here. Well discover one first and then go." I suggested. Craig nodded his head, getting bottles of water for when we're there. "Need to get hydrated." He chuckled. I walked into our bedroom, getting the suitcase from the top shelf, having to get on my tip toes. How did I even get it there in the first place. I zipped it open, happy, I remembered to pack a bikini. It was monochrome and I sure looked beautiful in it. I wore it under a baggy top which went down to my butt. I wore some sandals after getting the beach bag ready and everything.

I came into the living room, seeing Craig wearing black trunks but camouflage shorts on top. Even though it was Winter, today was a surprising warm day. Who wouldn't take advantage of it. Plus we in Detroit. Cue the Big Sean voice. He placed his lips on mine, as we shared a light kiss. It was weird how he can get over things quickly, or that I know of. I would say something, but I'm getting happy and so is he, I would hate to ruin that.

He carried me on his shoulder as he walked down the stairs. "Did you see the elevator mate" I said, with my hair flapping in my face, "and my butt is showing, Craig!" "Oh well. I'm liking it." He smirked as he slapped it. I let out a slight moan and a shriek because it was quite unexpected. Well it was, but I didn't think that hard.

We drove around a while, noticing how everyone came out because of the warm weather. The place looked like a huge family and a great place to stay. Some girls and boys broke a fire hydrant and played in it. It wasn't that warm but whatever floats their boats. An old man was playing with his wife, on how they danced in their days. I loved the atmosphere.

A cassette opening was heard and a instrument played. "She peels an orange for us," I easily recognised Frank Ocean, 'I love you radio' I said in my head, getting ready for this complete pleasure, his voice became faint and then louder again, "for us in the morning. She woke up to give me half. I can hear the children soccer ballin', like wildcats running on grass." I swear his voice was absolute heaven. I swayed my body in my chair, easily catching the vibe. "You're a girl on this island. I'm a boy from America." I sang, going along.

We finally found a beach. I turned my body to get the bag from the back. "My flight leaves tonight." Craig sang along. He cut off the radio as we walked into the beach. Craig walked behind me with his arms around my waist. "But I don't think I'm going backwards. I won't be going backwards." sang to myself, quietly as my feet absorbed the sand.

~~~~~

I stuck my head out the window as my hair flew in my face. We were in a green truck, driving on the sand. By we, I mean Craig's football team, Killer Whales. They all wanted a trip to Cali in the summer and I thought why not? They are so fun and silly, compared to my school team with their jealously. I haven't abandoned my school team, just wanted to hang with these guys. Once they found out, well Marcel more importantly, I'm screwed but they don't own me. So screw it. Some guys chanted at the back of the trunk.