Heading Home

(Vincent's Pov)

-One Month Later-

I woke up to my phone going off and I groaned a bit as I turned in the bed and shut it off. I then turned back over and pulled Clementine closer to me as she snuggled into me more and I smiled a bit at this. It's been like this since we started to date, and I have to admit this was way better with Clementine then it was with Minerva.

"Hmm, you have to talk to person online." She muttered and I sighed a bit at this.

"Yea, I will just five more minutes." I muttered in my sleep and then my alarm went off again and I groaned as I turn back and shut it off and I slowly get out of bed. As I head to the bathroom to take a shower, I hear clementine mention that she was going to make some breakfast. After I had taken my shower, I take a look at myself in the mirror and see that my beard has grown out a bit so I grab some trimmers and just trim it up a bit. I look to my hair as I put my hands though it and I chuckled a bit. I then head into the room and grabbed a clean pair of clothes and I get dressed then head down the stair and I go to my study and turn on my computer. I go into the video chat and on the screen is Mrs. Martin.

"Well hello Vincent, I thought you might have wanted to reschedule." She says and I smiled a bit.

"Nah, I've missed enough meetings." I tell her.

"That's ok though, I understand you have a new job?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yea I work in the music shop in Macon, and I'm trying to help my old band out as much as I can from here." I explained to her and she nod.

"And are you ok?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I am fine, I still have some anger issues but I've been working on them, plus Clementine helps me when she can." I tell her.

"Oh, who is this, Clementine?" She asked and I smiled like an idiot.

"My girlfriend, I mean we've been dating for a month now and I don't know, she just makes me really happy, she's a hell of a lot better than Minerva." I tell her.

"Yes, I heard the interview, I'm sorry she's been causing you more issues, but have you talked to here after all that?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, but the bad thing is, I kind of want to talk to her... I want to know why she really said those things, I mean it can't all be because she was jealous, I mean I wasn't even dating anyone at the time, hell I didn't even think Clementine would want to date me after all that... didn't even think she would want to stay friends with me in all honesty." I tell Mrs. Martin and she takes some notes.

"I would say you should talk to her, but only when you are ready for it, also I got the paperwork ready for you on your appointment." She says and I sit up a bit more in the chair.

"Was it approved?" I asked her and she smiled at me and nods. I jump up from the chair.

"Yes, fucking hell, I didn't think they would approve of it." I say as I sit back down.

"Well with the test runs they have had it's still a low possibility of it working, you do understand this correct?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, but if it does work then honest to god, I'll be happy as hell." I tell her and she smiled.

"Well, you still need to talk to the doctors on this as well, I looked into the locations where these surgeries are being done and I found one in Texas that has a pretty good success rate." She tells me and I looked to her then to the picture on the side of my desk.

"Texas?" I asked and she nods.

"Yes, it was the only hospital that had a better success rate than the other hospitals, I could give you-."