That was before Klaus came over to me with a smirk on his face.

"What?"

He continued to walk towards me. "I sense a hint of jealousy."

"I'm not jealous." I huffed.

He lifted my chin, causing me to look into his eyes. My gaze fell to his lips before coming back up to meet his eyes again. We were both slowly leaning in, feeling each others hot breath.

And right when our lips were meant to touch, "So you don't mind that I will be at the next Faction meeting? With Genevieve? God knows what she might try."

I bit my lip trying not to rile myself up, knowing he was doing this on purpose. I used my vampire speed to flip us over so that I was now on top of him and I was the one teasing him.

"Well, I don't particularly like sharing what's mine." I finally closed the gap between us and pressed my lips against his.

I slightly parted my lips so he could slip his tongue into my mouth and our breathing became heavier. I reached my hands down and tugged at the bottom of his shirt. We pulled away so he could throw his shirt over his head.

And just before our lips reconnected I spoke up, "Oh, and I'm coming with you to the Faction meeting."

-

I was laying on the couch with just Klaus' top on which covered just enough of myself so that I didn't flash Elijah when he walked in. I sat up immediately and tried to pull the top down even more when I saw Elijah had noticed my clothing, or shall I say my lack of clothing.

He definitely realised there was something going on between me and Klaus and seeing me right now would have definitely proved his suspicions correct.

At the same time, Klaus had also realised Elijah joined us in the room just as he picked up one of his paints. "Not a fan of cerulean blue?"

"Not a fan of your continued indifference." He responded.

"Well, it's difficult trying to unite a community that has a history of mutual loathing." He said while setting down his paint pot.

"Spare me the platitudes, Niklaus."

As the two of them went back and forth I took the chance to hide behind the sofa and throw on my joggers I picked up from the floor.

"A perspective, then?" Klaus offered. "If you want peace, you must begin with the werewolves. A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy."

I was actually happy that Klaus was sticking up for the werewolves, whether his reasoning involved me or not.

"All the more reason why their enemies are reluctant to bring them to the table."

Klaus took a few steps towards his brother. "Take a page from Bienville, brother." He squeezed Elijah's shoulder. If the table's the obstacle, remove it." He walked away to pour them both some drinks. "Do you recall in 1720, the Governor's desperation to secure our help to build the cities first levees? We sat with his, and refused his offer, and so, he plied us with wine, with corseted women, and with raucous camaraderie until he had his yes."

Elijah smiled. "Are you suggesting that I throw a party?"

I walked in the middle of them and smiled at them both as they toasted each other. "Now that's what I call a good idea, gentlemen."

-

-

And that's exactly what happened. Elijah threw a faction party at the compound where all the factions could come together and mingle. There were already a few people I recognized here, like Genevieve, Davina, Abigail, Monique, Diego, Jackson, Hayley and Oliver. I was glad to see the wolves here among everyone.

I spent some time catching up and dancing with a few friends, including Hayley and Davina. One person I didn't see a lot of though is Klaus, he seemed to disappear here and there all the time.

Nonetheless, the party was going great until we all saw Diego throwing Oliver across the courtyard where he fell onto a table covered in glasses of champagne which shattered upon impact. Diego then sped over to him, but Oliver managed to pin him against a wall. And that's where Elijah came in and pulled Oliver off him and held his head down against the table.

"This ends now. I won't ask again."

"Oh, we'll end it all right." Jackson spoke up. And when my gaze finally fell on him I found that he was pinning Diego to the wall with a stake aimed right at his heart.

I was about to step in but it seems that Hayley managed to get there before me. "What's stopping you? Kill him. Go ahead, Elijah. Do it. I mean, it's not like he doesn't deserve to die."

All eyes were now on Hayley.

"I mean, it was Oliver who handed Rebekah over to the witches so they could torture her. But, then again, wasn't it Diego who led a werewolf massacre last month? And the witches cursed the wolves, while the humans stood back and let it all happen. So, when you think about it, everyone here deserves to die."

"Are you approaching a point?" Elijah questioned angrily.

"My point, Elijah, is this; if we can't all learn to get along, if our families can't create some sort of community, then what's the point? Kill each other and get it all over with."

Elijah considered her words and let go of Oliver while Jackson let go of Diego.

And just as I was about to walk off to go back to my room, I walked past Elijah and whispered to him, "You found yourself a smart one, don't lose her."

-

-

And then we have finally drafted the treaty of piece. Leaders of the five factions; Elijah, Diego, Genevieve, Francesca, and Hayley - representing the originals, the vampires, the witches, the humans, and the werewolves. They all cut their palms and dripped their blood into an inkwell with with they signed the document.

Elijah made Klaus and I sign it too. He asked Klaus to sign it so that it would mean he will also keep the peace. Whereas for me, he asked me to sign it since I'm still really involved in this and I'm on the originals and werewolves side in this.