[A/F] Forgotten | hongjoong x yeosang

Words count: 1008

Trigger warning: none

Plot: yeosang waits for hongjoong to come home but he never shows up and forget their anniversary making them argue about it only yeosang getting the biggest surprise ever.

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎

Yeosang happily got in the car after shopping for a present for Hongjoong for their third anniversary.

Hongjoong was still at work.

Yeosang had shopped for something to cook, something he knows hongjoong likes a lot

Yeosang got home to start making dinner for them hiding the present somewhere in the room with the letter he wrote for him.

Yeosang grabbed the ingredients to start with making dinner. He was gonna make bobotie.

He got a pan and cooked the rice not forgetting the raisins making sure to turn on the oven.

He got another pan to cook the green beans for five minutes, he started slicing the onion and the garlic.

After yeosang did everything he put everything in the oven.

It was almost six o clock meaning Hongjoong was almost home. He didn't receive a text tho.

Yeosang waited for ten minutes as the food was done and placed everything on the table waiting for Hongjoong.

an hour later •

An hour passed and Hongjoong still wasn't home, maybe he was late? Then why didn't he told him. He could have texted him or call him.

Yeosang had finished eating, the food was all cold but didn't hesitate to warm it up again. He threw it away in the right bin.

He sat on the couch with his present hoping for Hongjoong to come home.

Not even twenty minutes passed and Yeosang fell asleep of waiting.

Yeosang woke up by a loud sound jumping up thinking it was hongjoong only just some noice outside.

Yeosang checked the time, three hours passed and it was almost 11 o clock.

He really forgot this special day? Yeosang sighed taking the present with him upstairs

Yeosang got in bed crying himself to sleep.

• the next morning •

Yeosang didn't realize he was cuddling up to someone's soft chest.

Yeosang opened his eyes being met by Hongjoong who was smiling at him

"Good morning babe" his morning voice spoke playing with his hair.

"S-Since when are you home?" Yeosang said everything that happened yesterday came back in his mind.

"I forgot to tell you i was really busy and my phone died, i'm sorry"

"I just want you to be home, it was our anniversary yesterday and you didn't show up"

"Anniversary? Babe that was a month ago" hongjoong said with a laugh

"No.. thirteen november that's today... did you forgot" hongjoong checked the date on his phone

"Fuck i'm sorry yeosang, i-i didn't know and i-"

Of course you forgot, you always forget! Do i even mean anything to you?" Yeosang cut him off half way.

"Yeosang don't say that, i love you i forgot please i'm sorry"

"Show me your sorry, you're sorry is not worth it right now, i made your favourite food yesterday, i paid the movie you wanted to see to watch together at home, i bought a present for you. This was just for nothing"

"Where are you going?" Hongjoong asked

"Somewhere, don't mind following me!" He slammed the door shut

The only reason Hongjoong was busy because he was planning a big surprise, he never meant to forget their anniversary.

He can make it up, with his surprise.

Hongjoong sat for some minutes before going to follow Yeosang even though he said to not do he still does.

Hongjoong remembered a place where yeosang used to go if he was mad or upset

The park. On the swing where they shared their first kiss

He knew he had to go there

-

Hongjoong was running and running to the park hoping he would still be there and luckily, he was.

He was sitting on the swing swollen red eyes from crying, he felt bad.

Hongjoong approached him slowly going to sit on the swing next to him.

"I told you not to follow me" he said avoiding eye contact with Hongjoong

"I was just worried where you would be going, please yeosang i'm sorry, you maybe won't forgive me but i want to tell you something.. a lot, can you atleast listen to me?"

Hongjoong grabbed yeosang's hand letting him stand instead

"Yeosang, the moment i saw you for the very first time will be stuck into my memory till the end of the days. You're bright eyes grabbed my attention
I got to learn you more knowing you were a really shy person
I remember the day of our dance competition we had at school, you were really nervous
I calmed you down and turned out it worked
I was so proud of you when you were dancing on that stage in your own world.
Me being the reason or you wouldn't have been there
Enough about that nonsense
I love you so much yeosang, more then words can describe, one thing i am sure about is that i want you forever in my life. I have been preparing this speech and this present for a long time
I don't wanna make it to long so..."

Hongjoong kneeled down

will you marry me? Yeosang's eyes lit up with joy, a smile formed on his lips

"Yes, a thousand times yes" yeosang sprung in his arms

"Babe i'm so sorry i was just so distracted by this big present i was about to give you.
I promise it will never happen again."

"It's okay joong i forgive you but please don't hurt me like that again"

"No i swear, i mean i promise" he said with a hand on his head like saluting him.

Hongjoong grabbed the boy's hand slipping the ring onto his finger.

Yeosang wrapped his arms around Hongjoong's neck pulling him into a long lasting kiss.

"I love you so much babe" hongjoong said against his lips

"I love you too joong" hongjoong wrapped his arms around Yeosang's waist pulling him in for another kiss.

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎