The lucky encounter

The noise of keys jiggling the lock alerted us. We all ran behind a barrel and held our breath so nobody could hear us. A guard came into the prison checking every single cell. That's when he stopped to stare at something and started frantically looking  a second time in each cell. "Who opened the back door" he shouted with a stern voice. The prisoners couldn't answer anything because they were truly clueless too.

   The guard ran fast out the back gate to make sure nobody escaped. On a whim we all decided it was best to move forward so we ran one by one into the other exit that the guard opened. The atmosphere changed completely when the dimly lit halls turned into fully lit halls. The walls also started to be full of gold plated accessories and the ceilings had grand chandeliers. "I think that this place is the palace" Ikore and Erish  turned  around looking directly at me.

  We cautiously walked through the castle walls because we are unaware of  what could happen to us if we got caught. Since we couldn't find Ephilli yet we were also worried she might had already been caught. "Stop and go back" Ikore warned me and Erish. We ran and hid behind the corner walls. Walking down the hall were  three child servants with mop buckets and rags came. They entered a room next to us and began to talk more loudly.

   "Do you think he would notice if we leave brother" one boy said. "Please he hardly notices when we are here with the amount of servants the princess fires. We only started to get more relevant recently because the princess was on a secret trip but now that she's back we have no worries" an older boy said. "I'm just following you guys because I miss my family" a girls voice came out too. That's when the door knob started to turn and out came the three servants with clothes similar to the marketplace. Then they ran the other way in a hurry.

   That's when I looked at Ikore and Erish saying "bingo I know a faster way to look for Ephilli."