Warmth

I sat down and Luciden wrapped me in a blanket. He handed me a wooden cup filled with tea. As I took a sip I began to explain the events that led up to me being here. He looked at me and all he could say was " I knew there was something off about that Ephilli girl." I nodded my head in return for that comment. I haven't been here in this world for very long but I could sense it too.
   My thoughts recollected and I looked over to Luciden with a worried look. "What about Ikore and Erish?" I had forgotten all about them while I was worried about not fading away. Luciden looked me in the eyes and said "I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do about that if they're already caught." Something wet ran down my face and dropped on my hand.
   I looked down and said "is this what a tear looks like?" More tears began to drop down my face. I knew feeling sad was a complex emotion but I never saw it visually. Luciden hurriedly dropped down to his knees and neared closer for a hug. Taking both arms out and reaching he pulled me in. Raising his hands he started to soothe my head by brushing his hand against my hair.
   "Just for a short moment and then enough of the crying." I took both of my hands and wiped my eyes until they became puffy red. Luciden passed me a hot cloth to press against my eyes for swelling. He gave me a warm bowl of stew and we both sat in front of the mud fireplace. My eyes felt heavy and I slowly drifted off to sleep.