She was angry at others and also at me it seems. She ignored me and went back to eating and helped Diya. Akky was hurt, same as Abhi she too lost two important people in her life but she should not be rude about it not thinking about others. I finally gathered my courage and looked at the silent person, he looked lost in his own thoughts and drew patterns on his plate.

"Aarav," he didn't respond for the first time but others looked in my direction probably curious about what I was going to speak. "Aarav," he looked up from his plate after I called him one more time.

"Yes," he looked up from his plate giving me attention.

"Umm, how are you?" I asked the first question that came to mind, as I didn't know what to speak when he looked at me.

He sighed and dropped his eyes back to his plate. I cursed myself mentally for starting this conversation, the table fell silent after listening to my question. I ruined the mood.

"I am sorry, I just want to know how you are doing." I tried to justify.

"No need, I know that you care for me and do what is best for me." My heart swelled listening to his words.

"I am sorry. For what my mother did to you and your family. She is wrong and I apologize to you as her son." He bowed his head in apology.

"Hey, don't be sorry. It's not your mistake." I can feel others' eyes on me but I focused on only him. "Look at me Aarav," he looked up at me after my soft command.

"You are her son, it doesn't mean that you need to apologize for every mistake she commit. She is not the only family you have, your father made sure that you had a good family when he is absent. That man knew this was going to happen and I promised him that I will look after you as your elder sister. So, now you are going to eat the food and sleep well. Tomorrow we will decide on what to do next. Got it," he nodded his head and bit his lips before going back to his plate. I saw tears in his eyes, I need to speak to him alone and know what is running in his mind.

We ate our dinner while having a small conversation. Diya kept us entertained speaking about everything she saw today and fought with her aunt regarding who was everyone's favorite.

"Uncle, you lowe me more right?" Diya blinked her eyes at Aarav who was silent the whole time.

"No, you love me more. Right Aaru?" Diya glared at her aunt. Uncle and I smiled seeing their conversation.

"Uncle, I lowe you this much," she spread her hands wide showing how much she loves him. "Do you lowe me this much uncle?" Aarav looked conflicted between choosing his sister and niece.

"Alright, knock it off you two. Why do you keep bothering him?" I scolded them and they simply glanced in my direction before starting a conversation with Aarav.

"He looks happy," uncle commented from my side.

Aarav had a smile on his face and his face looked less stressed than before. His posture was relaxed as he conversed with Akky and Diya. "Looks can be deceiving, uncle." I sighed and went back to my food.

After dinner uncle paid the bill and we got out of the restaurant. "Avni come, I will drop you off first along with Akshaya before going back home." He offered me.

"Uncle, I have my luggage at your house. I need to grab them," Akky requested him. I very well know what luggage she was speaking about. I hid my face in Diya's hair as she slept on my shoulder. Diya was getting heavy and I think I can't carry her anymore.

"Uncle, don't bother. Aarav will drop us, we are going to the same house anyway," I suggested looking in Aarav's direction for his agreement.

"Yes, I will drop them." He came towards me and took Diya from my arms after seeing my struggles. I gave him grateful smile. He gave a small smile and walked towards his car.