Chapter 56

Lagertha was allowing Brant to speak his mind so she could keep his words in her heart. She was giving him the chance to talk to her about anything he thought about. Lagertha was never the person to keep anyone away from letting themselves out with their words. Brant was in the bathing pool thinking about what to tell Lagertha as she was still sitting down on the poolside. She allowed her feet to stay in the warm water, as the rest of her body was already clean.

"To be honest, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I thought you might approve of it. And I was also hoping that you and I could do a lot more together," Brant said.

"There could be a ton of things you and I can do for this week. Though I'm not sure we can do that much as soon as the feast ends. Because after that night, you and I will need to venture out into the world again," Lagertha said.

"True as that shall be, I still think there are many places bigger than this city and hotels twice as massive as this one. I'm sure news of what you did for this city will spread like wildfire. Truly, something great will come for us," he said.

"I'm not looking forward to being worshipped. Though I'm bound to hunt the servants of Mephiles, I'm not treating that as a way for people to see me as some goddess or idol. And I will not take my father's place as a king. I will simply... fade away from the kingdom of Midland. This will not be the last kingdom I will save from the demons. I hope you'll know that."

"Sure I do. I'm just not sure anything we do from here on out will get us to a place for us both. What if there aren't any more demons by the time you finish that last demon king? What will happen if there aren't any more demon kings to kill since all the people of the world will be free from such tyranny?"

"The world will be free from the hands of powerful demons, from even the hand of the one who reigns in Hell. But Brant... there will always be another who will take this kingdom and the next. The king of Midland will have the earth, no matter what happens. Neither he nor I will find peace in this life."

Brant started realizing such a topic was getting out of hand, and it was not such a topic he wanted to discuss with Lagertha. They were both in the bathing pool together, so they deserve to talk about something more romantic. They deserve to have a chat with each other about things they would love to do for the rest of the week. Then Brant gets a little closer to Lagertha's legs after not saying anything for an entire minute. The Wolf Queen sees he wanted to do more than hang out with her; he wanted her body.

"Brant, what's going on here?" She asked.

"Oh, I often wonder what goes on in that pretty mind of yours. You rarely ever tell what you like to think about. Sometimes, it's like I'm nonexistent whenever I speak to you," he answered.

"What on earth makes you say that? I've been talking to you for these past few days. And what makes you want to know what's in my mind?" Lagertha asked.

"There are so many things out there you can tell me about. I have eyes and ears. I know whenever you're thinking about something, even if it may not be a subject to discuss."

"Fine. Do you want to know what's going on with me? You wish to know what I'm thinking about when we're not out there at night?"

"You don't have to tell me what isn't worth talking about. But I will let you know one thing. I will keep every single thing you say inside my head. You can trust a guy like me, right?"

Lagertha understood she could not slip away from Brant, and she knew she must protect him. She turns her head to find out what she can discuss with him, and she squints her eyes for a few seconds. But as she was doing this, Brant lays his hands on her thighs, and he hears her giggle a bit. As he looks up, she is still covering her breasts from his eyes so she does not label him a creep. Lagertha got used to letting him see her in her bra and her underwear, but it would take a very long time for her to get used to letting him see her completely nude.

While she was thinking about her next words, Brant began making a circle on her left thigh with his index finger. This would have made anybody else creeped out, yet Lagertha started to simply play along with him. Her cheeks were getting red, and she started biting her bottom lip as Brant's hands were still on her thighs. A few seconds later, Lagertha places her left hand on Brant's cheek while covering both of her boobs with her other hand. She finally had something to say, and she wanted his undivided attention, as the morning did not stop them.

"Listen, I want your honest opinion. Is it true you lust for my body? Do you feel a sense of... energy entering inside of you?" Lagertha asked.

"There's nothing imaginary that I will tell you... it's all true. You and I have known each other for so long, and we both have one thing in common. It doesn't work on anyone else because they don't know you... the way I do," Brant answered.

"What are you getting at?" She asked.

"My thoughts for you... my feelings towards you... my sympathy for you, and... my love for you. It is a strong burden that shall never leave my soul. It is a thing I've always longed for, and I want to share that with you."

"Brant? What is this?"

Lagertha and Brant's eyes were glued to each other, and their minds were entirely focused on one another. The Wolf Queen's heart beats wildly as if she believes she might pass out from this feeling. Brant allows his head to get even closer to his friend; his mind is more serious than ever. Lagertha backs her head a little to make sure he does not get close and ends up being in a sensible area. Brant says something, yet his mindset makes his voice a little frail and shaky.

"Lagertha, I... want... you," Brant said.

"What?" She asked.

"I... I want you to be my girlfriend!" He said. So much emotion could be felt by the young hunter, and much more of that was entering the Wolf Queen's soul.

She understood Brant wanted to get along with her much more than usual, and she knew he wanted to do many great things with her. But she never suspected him of wanting to date her and show all kinds of love to her. Lagertha keeps backing her head away from Brant as her entire face becomes red while he gets close enough to her head. A few seconds later, Brant becomes prideful and gets on the poolside with her, and he sits with her. Lagertha keeps covering her front body as the young hunter places his hands on her shoulders.

For a quick moment, the Wolf Queen had her eyes closed because she did not want to see Brant's lustful eyes staring at her body. She felt embarrassed for a long while, yet she had no choice but to endure such a time with him. Then Lagertha lingers her head and places herself on Brant's shoulders while trying not to run away. She then places her hand on his chest as he was enjoying himself for the rest of the morning. She was letting him be humble and lovely, as nothing dangerous was happening.

"Hey, Lagertha. Just you and me here. Do you want to go out?" Brant asked.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Well, there is a place here in Clegane where all they sell is wine and margaritas. I heard they sell flavors that even you and I used to drink. So much can be done at that place, if you want to go there," he said.

"Is that the only place you could think of?"

"It's probably the only place here that I know I'll probably enjoy, especially before that feast. Can I ask you out to that place?"

It may have been bizarre for Brant to ask the Wolf Queen out to a place where they both might get drunk. Lagertha looks at herself for a second and looks back at Brant, feeling much better than before.

"Yes," she said.