ch 21, legend

"You're playing hard." Orion started, staring at the tired players before him. "I'm proud of you guys."

"They're cheap-shotting us to death, Coach." Mendoza struggled.

Orion spoke, pacing around the room. "I know they are, I know they are."

Ripley thought the game was going well. Their defense was top tier that night, and besides the brutal take-outs by the Warriors, she didn't think varsity had much on them.

Averman sighed, "It's gonna take a miracle for us to hold on."

All of a sudden, the door to the locker room bursted open, almost cued by Averman's words.

A tall, black haired boy entered the room. Ripley immediately recognized him as Dean Portman, one of the original bash bro's.

"'Dean Portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to the Eden Hall Academy.' I had this lying around the house in Chicago. My attorney thought I should sign it, I agreed. It's official, boys! I'm back!"

Everyone in the room, including Ripley, rose from their seats, cheering in excitement at their newest teammate.

"Bombay." Ripley heard Charlie mutter to Orion.

Fulton grasped at his bash brother, and Ripley could see just how excited he was to have his other half back. Everyone continued cheering for the boy, eventually backing up to give him some space.

"Hey, Portman. Come meet Ripley over here." Fulton said, bringing the boy over to Ripley.

"Nice to meet you, little lady." Dean said, nodding at the girl.

"Nice to meet you too, big boy." She teased.

Dean nodded, smiling at the girl's nick name for him. He turned back to the group before them.

"Let's go dance on their skulls!"

-

"Here we go into the third period of a well-fought battle. Oh, look, here come the Ducks. Hey, wait a second. Isn't that Dean Portman? Hey, it looks like the other Bash Bro is back, and he's brought the Ducks a renewed spirit."

The crowd cheered at the sight of the old player, everyone getting of their seats as Dean waved and screamed at the crowd, taking it all in.

"Dean Portman hasn't skated for awhile, but he's  more known for his enforcer skills."

The Ducks skated in a circle around Portman, until they finally started taking their spots.

Ripley, Dean, Fulton, Banks, and Mendoza took the ice, Banks being the center for this round.

Ripley skated to her spot, watching as Dean took his spot in front of Cole, conversing about something.

Adam looked at the girl, and she smiled, reassuring him that they would win this.

After everyone took their spots, the puck was dropped, the Warriors quickly getting it into their possession.

Ripley checked the boy in front of her, causing him to fall to the ground as she skated away.

She followed after Rick, who had the puck, before hearing a commotion.

She watched as Cole flew into the stands, shattering glass in the process, after attempting to take down Dean.

"Oh my, what a hit!"

Everyone quit skating to view the commotion, watching as the crowd went wild about the hit.