|Chapter One|

Chapter One
The Reflection
Day 101
Yona's POV

I wouldn't expect for nightfall to be so nearby, even so with only an hour in the ride. I guess this is what happens when you take the late carriage.

My eyes trailed off, until it arrived to the eyes of Madison. Her brown eyes, remained occupied as I stared at her darker skin tone.

She was always so different from the other kids at school, she was once smarter than me. Stronger, even she wasn't bullied for a short while.

That was until she gave it all up to help me join the Training Corps. I started applying at eleven years old, she was kicked, punched, smashed onto her abdomen.

I remember the day she didn't get her period, then she found out her uterus was so damaged she would never be able to carry a child. I remember it like it was yesterday.

She gave up her whole life to help me get into something I would run away from. But she helped me find my hopefully still future wife.

I remember hearing the sobs from her room, as I was helping her get better after all her beat downs. Her holding her stomach, begging for it all to be fake.

She always used to tell me about how her mother was so ashamed in her not being able to bear children. Her mother always wanted a grandchild.

I was eventually kicked out of the house, her mother couldn't take me in the house. She was kicked out shortly after, it was me and her for a few days, until her grandfather got her a place to stay.

I begged my father, over and over. To let Madison stay in the basement of our house, speaking of that basement. What was in it?

Dad never told us, just like how granddad did. He must've been hiding something, Dad was never the hiding type, except for Christmas of course.

My thoughts could've gotten worse, if the carriage didn't stop. My body yanked forward, my eyes took a peak of where we stopped.

Scout Headquarters.