Chains x Of x Love

-----------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

My eyelids fluttered open as the room stayed out of focus. Harsh light had streamed through my closed eyelids, forcing an abrupt awakening to my sleeping self. The stiff, ridged arms that seemed to be mine felt like logs, I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep for. Hazy memories crashed through my mind as the vivid magenta and neon green lights had burned themselves into my skull.

Reluctantly, I sat up from the comfort of my bed as the shapes in the room slowly made themselves clear. More memories came back as something sluggishly came back to me.

"You bastard Hisoka!"

Did I say that?

No, someone else came in - right?

Who?

As much as it pained me to do so, I rubbed the side of my throbbing temple, hoping for an epiphany to reach my hungover body any day now.

Red eyes.

Red eyes?

Demon?

It was an angel.

A demonic angel...

Who's room is this?

Who's bed is this?

My heart rate accelerated as I rapidly tried to analyse the state of the room, to no avail. No matter how much I tried I simply couldn't focus it well enough. Blinking wouldn't help, no matter how many times I tried. Yet, the shapes alone gave it away.

This isn't my room, mine was in a tip when I had left.

If it wasn't Chrollo who came for me, then who was it?

No.

He didn't.

He couldn't have.

I never told him where I was.

I don't think I told anyone where I was.

Then how did he...?

And one particular shape made itself very clear.

"Are you awake now Y/N?" A gentle voice trickled through my ears, one as sweet as honey and as soft as a feather. It was unreal, how just a voice could be so enticing to the brain, luring you in without ever fully knowing who it belonged to.

And who it belonged to was a very different story, underneath.

Basic shapes like a circle and a few triangles came into focus and slowly but surely, I was met with the fatigued face of the one and only Kurapika.

Why does he always have to be near me?

Being near the boy was anguish enough. Every second, every minute I spent near his aura felt like treason, to him, to my family and to myself. By meeting him, my morals had diverged, taken another path down a route they could never come back from. Just knowing he felt the same hurt me even more, as I knew what he was, yet he didn't in turn. Knowing that the owner of the voice was my lover alone was painful, like a knife had stabbed me in the heart repeatedly, destroying whatever sick morals I had left.

"Just about." Combining the fact that I had one of the worst hangovers known to man, with the fact that the last person I had spoken to in months was Hisoka, then you could imagine how rough and hoarse my voice sounded. The sound of my voice was nothing compared to the angel sat beside me, and in that moment alone, my inferiority increased dramatically.