Good x For x Nothing

---------------------------------------------------

Chrollo's POV

Everyone got dejected for some simple reason right? Everyone had had highs and lows in their lives, some too ashamed to admit. If someone had suddenly entered a phase of depression, it couldn't just be her?

This behaviour wasn't...

uncommon, of course?

I recalled 4 years ago, when a similar incident had its effect on my sister.

FLASHBACK: 4 YEARS AGO

"I see you're back from your lovely trip. How was it?" I rotated my head to be met with the smiling face of my sister.

A smiling face.

But not hers.

Her smile was different today, masking a form of unease behind that unfamiliar smile plastered on her face. It wasn't normal.

"Yes, it was great."

"You don't look happy."

"Am I not smiling?" I stiffened at her tone change. Y/N's voice had suddenly gone monotone, as if she wanted me to believe the same lie she was telling herself.

"I'm disinclined to accept your acquiesce."

"Then incline yourself, because if you can't be bothered to believe me," She picked up her bag and opened the exit door once more, her back turned to me. "then don't."

END OF FLASHBACK

The harsh words she spat at me still left a gaping hole in my soul; the disappointment that I had was immeasurable. I had never truly been able to find out what happened to her that day, and my sense of deja vu sincerely heightened.

History was repeating itself, and for once I couldn't do anything about it.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Are you in there Y/N?"

Y/N's POV

"Are you in there Y/N?" The soft words of my brother floated through the crack in my door, causing me to lift my head up from the bed I laid on.

I was spread out like a starfish on my bed, too dejected to even think. Throughout the past two days, almost every single member of the troupe had knocked on my door asking me the same thing. And to the same questions, I had the same response.

"Are you okay there N/N?"

"Just fine. I'll come out soon."

"You good?"

"Talk to you about it later."

"Everything fine?"

"Everything's great."

The thoughtful questions of my companions felt like an axe repeatedly swinging itself at my heart, never ending torment. I didn't deserve their care, their love, their respect. Their unyielding loyalty to a girl who only showed herself once a month.

Why do they care?

I'm a traitor.

He's done what he was meant to. Destroy a spider, because I certainly don't feel whole.