New x Bonds x Established

edited 23-1-22
---------------------

"'Tyger Tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night:
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?'"

"I never knew you read William Blake," said Chrollo, waltzing into the almost-empty room. The moment he offered Y/N the opportunity to see Pakunoda's body she immediately agreed, even if it meant having to go back to the filthy hideout with the person she detested most at the moment.

Several days had gone by since then and the young person sat on the rough floor reading poetry. However, their past conversation from the other day lingered in her mind like a bad smell, a particular aspect never leaving her brain. Not even William Blake could help her forget what she was told.

"The chain user." A chain user? To Y/N, his incentive for killing two Phantom Troupe members was still unclear as Chrollo hadn't taken the responsibility upon himself of telling her everything. Either way, her hostile emotions towards the mysterious figure remained stony and cold, as you would be if someone had murdered people dear to your heart.

"I didn't know you knew William Blake. With your fixed mindset, I'm surprised you can read at all. Say, if reading is a talent of yours, why don't you read the signs in front of you and fuck off." Y/N spat maliciously, livid he didn't bother to tell her about Paku's death sooner.

"Y/N you can't keep this vindictive attitude up."

"Nothing's stopping me."

"The troupe will realise your actions. Do you want them to be dragged into this mess? You can be horrible later, but for now at least try to rein in your sharp tongue."

She didn't care what the troupe thought of her, she knew the group wouldn't care for their sibling quarrel. Snapping their book shut, Y/N shot him a look of utmost hate before leaving to go to the 'kitchen.'

"Where's the troupe? Or did they all die as well a few weeks ago, and you haven't bothered to tell me?"

The Phantom Troupe were her family, she had known them since she was in Meteor City. Y/N was a founding member of the troupe but never seen much. Her tattoo was a spider with the number 9, indicating that she was in fact a member. That and St Peters Cross were the only two tattoos she bore.

"They're out on a mission," Chrollo stated, ignoring his sister's second sentence. "When they get back, I'm sure they'll be pleased to see you." That lifted her mood slightly, even if it came from her brother's mouth.

Considering that she spent most of her life with some of the members, Y/N enjoyed the troupe's company a lot, they were practically her family. Although they could be terrible at times, she loved them nevertheless. However, she definitely had her favourites. Machi, Feitan, Shalnark and Shizuku were all people she could easily socialise with.

Machi promised her free nen stitches - she didn't use them often, unlike Hisoka she was actually careful. She was like Y/N's older sister, one light years better than Chrollo, correctly guiding her to what she was meant to do. Feitan had taught her how to use a katana properly and trained her nen when Chrollo wasn't around. With him, it was easier as he wasn't breathing down her neck all the time like her brother. Shalnark and Y/N had fun messing with people, their personalities interlocking immediately upon first glances of each other. Shizuku was intriguing to have a conversation with, her view on life being unique.

All were very dear characters, yet one could never guess they were a merciless band of criminals. Yet, they were skilled liars and in public, keeping the facade of charm up was like taking candy from a baby for them.