Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood

Start from the beginning

"Cool," Volveth said, picking it up and watching the black corruption move along his blood. "Can I keep this?"

"Sure Honey, after we're done. Now place it back down so we can move on."

Volveth excitedly pressed it down and whispered to Jaxon how cool this was.

"Zekaj, you're up." Caroline held the needle and Zekaj took it from his hand and quickly pricked it, letting it fill with the pale gold blood before handing it back.

Doing the same as before, Caroline and the table slowly watched the blood web form out, only this time it was pale gold like Zekaj's eyes and horns instead of silver.

As the web formed, it quickly became overtaken by void corruption flowing through the whole thing. Some pale gold still pushed through as the blood continued to move throughout the whole thing.

"This is the blood of a royal demon, comparing the two we can see how much the Primordial Void has corrupted Zekaj. If we were to look at Aegon's and Zekai's we would see exactly the same as it part of their DNA."

"So because the Primordial Void made void demons, he can corrupt any of you?" Hunter asked.

"He could, but he wouldn't go out of his way with commoners like you can see with royals," Caroline answered. "It makes them more powerful, more control over the void, and stronger enraged forms. I assume you haven't seen Zekaj's enraged form, Hunter?"

"I've seen it a little bit but, I don't think the whole thing."

"Zekaj will have to show you sometime, it's very impressive the size and strength they can have." Caroline smiled.

"How big?" Hunter whispered to Zekaj as Caroline started talking more to Volveth about the blood webs.

"Uh, the biggest I've gotten is probably the size of like 2-3 houses stacked on top of each other but, I haven't really tried to get bigger than that and it was probably like... fifty years ago?" Zekaj said.

"Old man," Hunter poked fun at Zekaj.

"Ok DILF lover," Zekaj winked at Hunter, knowing he'd get the hidden meaning.

Which Zekaj was right about as Hunter blushed profoundly and tried to hide it.

"Moving on, Jaxon your turn."

Reluctantly, Jaxon extended his hand and winced as the needle pricked him and was filled with red blood.

Before he could even react, Volveth grabbed his wrist and licked the wound away. Tapping his lips at the sweet taste of Jaxon's blood.

"You taste good," Volveth smiled.

"Get a room," Zekai said, laid back in his seat. Zekaj burst out laughing and Caroline told them all to be quiet.

The dish filled up with the red blood and quickly formed the normal red blood web of a human.

"I've never analyzed the blood of a human but I assume this is normal."

Jaxon picked it up and looked at the red blood-filled inside.

"I'd assume so, nothing out of the ordinary."

The 3 dishes were laid out together, only one was missing that being Hunter's. The room grew quiet as Caroline handed the needle to Zekaj who was already holding Hunter's hand, ready to prick it.

"Ready for some answers?" Zekaj asked, lowering the needle before it was right against Hunter's skin.

"It's all I want at the moment," Hunter chuckled.