013

013 thirteenth chapter.

yeosang nervously sat on the edge of wooyoung's bed, waiting for his friend to finish changing. the dance was in about 30 minutes. the boy still couldn't believe that he actually had a date this year, let alone with the boy he had an instant crush on as soon as he laid eyes on him.

he could admit that he was a bit skeptical when san first brought up the idea of the 2 friend groups getting to know each other, but in the end it led him to actually meeting seonghwa which he was grateful for.

"should i use red or black eyeshadow?" wooyoung asked, ripping yeosang from his inner thoughts.

"uhh, red?" he responded in more of a questioning tone, as he watched the boy sit down at his desk and pick up a random eyeshadow pallet.

"are you nervous, woo?"

wooyoung cocked his eyebrow at the sudden question, but he continued putting on his makeup, "hm. why would i be?"

yeosang sighed as he fiddled with the rings on his fingers. was he just over thinking like usual? should he just forget it? "i mean like- are you nervous to go with san?"

"well, i'll admit that i am a little nervous for him to see my outfit and such. but there's nothing to worry about because he's my boyfriend and he loves me."

"oh." the blonde just nodded slowly. san loves woo so there would be nothing for him to worry about. does he even love seonghwa yet? he read somewhere that after a certain amount of months a crush turns into love, but it was all too confusing for the boy.

"if you're nervous about the dance sang, i could see why you would be. but honestly it's just a school dance, and i'm sure seonghwa really likes you. there's no need for you to get all worried, you look great." wooyoung just simply replied.

wooyoung could tell the boy was working himself up over nothing that was too serious. it was a night to have fun with your friends and dates, not to mope around and worry about things out of your control.

so, he stood up, trotted over to his friend, and grabbed his hands. "plus, i wouldn't be moping if i was you. just look in the mirror. you look damn good!"

both of the boys giggled at wooyoung's silly comment. "i guess you're right woo, and i do look hot right now."

after that, the two left wooyoung's house and made their way to his car. they had all decided to go in separate rides as their dates, so the shock factor would still be there as they walked into the dance.

☻☻☻

the pair had finally arrived to the school, around 10 minutes after the dance was just getting started (woo wanted to be fashionably late). and luckily, san had just shot wooyoung a text saying they arrived not too long ago.

"are you ready, sang?"

yeosang smiled and nodded, "ready as i'll ever be." and with that, the two boys got out the car and headed for the entrance of the school, where san said they were waiting.

"sannie!" wooyoung yelled before even climbing all the stairs. the blonde smiled at the pair as he watched his best friend lunge at the pink haired boy for a hug.

"uh, hey, yeosang..." seonghwa said awkwardly, trying to get his date's attention.

"oh! hey..." yeosang replied back, completely awestruck. seonghwa had always looked amazing to yeosang, but somehow seeing the boy in an all black suit, with light jewelry and makeup, just made him look so irresistible. he was sure seonghwa would have people swooing over him all night, which would probably make him slightly jealous.

however, yeosang surely was not the only one feeling this way. yeosang was wearing the red velvet suit that wooyoung had picked out for him, and it was making seonghwa panic internally. he wondered how someone could even look so beautiful so effortlessly.

"are you lovebirds done? the others are waiting for us on the dance floor!" san called from beside them, breaking whatever sort of staring contest they were in.

"oh yeah! sorry..." seonghwa chuckled as he latched himself onto yeosang's arm and pulled the boy into the school behind the couple.

☻☻☻

"hey guys!" hongjoong called from one of the tables in the back of the gym. they could see the small male was latched onto the side of a wiggly mingi.

"hongjoong! mingi! how's the dance?"

"so far it's fun! the punch is amazingso good that mingi is already acting like he's drunk." the group then turned to a fumbling mingi who was singing along to a pop song the dj was playing.

"yunho and jongho already ran off onto the dance floor, if you see them tell them we should totally regroup later!"

"got it!" yeosang answered. after their interaction with mingi and hongjoong, seonghwa and yeosang decided to split up with woosan and head to the dance floor.

so far the evening was going well, and yeosang couldn't wait to see what the night held for them.

+++

split this chap up because i didn't like all of the jump cuts :)