009

— 009 ninth chapter.

seonghwa sat on one of the benches in front of the school beside his friend jongho. he huffed as he watched the main doors, where students were pouring out from, excited because the school day was finally over.

"what are you sighing for?" the younger male from beside him asked.

"no reason. i'm waiting on yeosang to come out of the school." seonghwa replied lazily as he turned his body to face jongho.

the raven haired sarcastically pouted, while throwing his arms around seonghwa, "me, you, and mingi never hang out anymore. you're so busy with yeosang all the time!" jongho faked cried into his friend's shoulder.

seonghwa just scoffed and pushed him off lightly, "you've been busy with yunho too." he rolled his eyes playfully. he sure had been defending yeosang a lot this week.

"hey seonghwa!" a voice from behind them called. seonghwa turned around in his seat, already knowing who's voice that belonged to.

"hey, yeosang," he replied before pushing himself up from the bench, and waving 'bye' to jongho. he caught up to yeosang quickly.

"your house, right?" the older asked to which yeosang just nodded.

yeosang didn't know where he got the sudden courage to invite seonghwa over to his home, it just happened. but after wooyoung's little reminder about the dance the boy felt somewhat more confident around seonghwa.

not right then, though.

he chuckled awkwardly as he eyed the dark haired boy beside him, "i usually walk to my house. it isn't that far from here." to which seonghwa just hummed in response.

why would he invite his crush over? what if seonghwa thought his room was ugly? or was too childish? what if seonghwa thought —

"yeosang. is there something bothering you? you keep spacing out.." seonghwa asked as he gripped the blonde by his shoulders. yeosang looked down, avoiding seonghwa's eyes again.

"huh? yeah i'm okay. let's go!" he replied, while picking up his pace.
seonghwa just laughed a bit at the boy's cuteness.

☻ ☻ ☻

after about a 10 minute walk, the pair had made it to yeosang's house. yeosang had calmed down on the walk a little bit, he realized that seonghwa already found him cute. so there was nothing to worry about, right?

"my parents aren't home." he mumbled while fishing his keys out of his pocket.

he quickly opened the door and dragged the older in. "follow me," the younger muttered as he went down the hall to his room.

"okay." seonghwa responded while rubbing his neck a little, feeling nervous as well. this was his first time in yeosang's house— at least his parents weren't there. not to mention; the younger's awkwardness was starting to rub off of him.

the boys walked into yeosang's room, said boy dropping his bag on the floor as soon as he got there. he then spun around a little bit, showing his room off to seonghwa, "well, here's the place."

"it's so... cute," seonghwa said in awe, as he examined the sight in front of him. the room had a bunch of different things and colors in it, but was still somehow neat.

the walls were decorated in many posters, some from different artists the boy liked or maybe some of his favorite shows. his shelfs were littered with different what-nots like action figures, kpop albums and cds, and even some stray school supplies he had randomly left sitting there.

and his bed, his bed was so cute. yeosang had various types of stuffed animals placed on his bed, many of them being squishmellows. the older just cooed as he took a seat on the edge of the bed he was admiring.

"thanks." yeosang stuttered out as he sat on the edge of the bed as well, picking up one of his plushies and fidgeting with it.

the black haired male sighed, scooting closer to yeosang. why was the younger being so awkward today?

"yeosang, are you okay? you've been acting weird all day." seonghwa frowned while looking at the boy who was busy staring at his lap.

"oh, yeah... sorry," the blonde muttered in response. he bit his lip, thinking for a moment, should he just go ahead and ask seonghwa to the dance? wait no. he wanted it to be romantic.

"do you want to go to the dance with me?" yeosang asked silently. he cursed at himself, impulse got the best of him. he just hoped he didn't say it loud enough for the other to hear.

unfortunately, luck was still not on his side, "what did you say?" seonghwa replied, raising an eyebrow as he leaned back without taking his eyes off the boy.

"i said, do you want to go to the dance with me?" yeosang repeated, this time a lot clearer, with way more confidence than before.

the older just let his mouth drop in shock as he finally got to make eye contact with the latter. he didn't really except yeosang to ask, and he kind of wanted to be the one to ask. nonetheless, they'd still end up dancing together, and that was all that mattered to seonghwa.

"i'd love to, yeosang." he breathed out.

so much for romantic, yeosang smiled to himself.

+++

SORRY IF THIS IS BAD ITS 2 WEEKS WORTH OF RANDOM PARAGRAPHS [cry] and i didn't proof read i'm sorry :/

school is horrible rn. i have a lot of work for summer school and as soon as i finish i will go back to regular school :( i'll try to come up with a schedule to update tho! <3

EDIT : if youre rereading and you notice something different- i switched mingi to jongho b/c i never wrote about seonghwa with jongho in this story :,(