Chapter 50

Marlie's POV

After several more minutes of flying around I notice Thor landing on a deserted bridge with the rest of the team, minus Tony. I head in that direction and land next to Natasha. I retract my helmet and look around at everyone. No one seems to have sustained any serious injuries, which is good.

I missed the beginning part of the conversation so I don't know what Barton is talking about when I land. As soon as I land Nattie comes over to me and pulls me into a hug. She then lets go and slaps me across the face. "That's what you get for getting yourself captured." Her voice is full of tension as she practically yells at me.

"Ow... it's not like I did it on purpose." I defend and she just smirks and pulls me into another hug. "It's nice to know you care." I chuckle as she pulls away again and rolls her eyes.

"Well, I'm happy to see you." I heard Clints deep voice say to me as he walked past Nat and gave me a hug.

"It's good to have you back Clint. Nattie and I were worried." I shoot Nat a grin, knowing that it would annoy her mentioning her worry in front of everyone else.

"Save it for later guys." Captain says seriously, but he to is grinning at me. "Loki's gonna keep the fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark and Edwards up top, they're gonna need us..."

He was interrupted by a small motorbike driving up to us. We all look over and see that it is Banner. He gets off the bike and walks over to us.

"So, this all seems horrible." He says sarcastically.

"I've seen worse." Natasha says referring to earlier.

"Sorry." Banner looks at both me and Natasha.

"No, we could use a little worse." I reassure him and give him a small smile.

"Stark? We got him." Captain says through the comms.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said." He replies back to Tony. I chuckle silently. Tony always has to be right.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." As soon as he finishes saying this. I watch him fly around the corner leading the Leviathan straight to us breaking apart different buildings along the way.

I drop my mask and Thor grips his hammer.

"I... I don't see how that's a party." I hear Nat say next to me.

I chuckle quietly. "Then clearly you've never been to one of Tony's parties."

She chuckles at this and Bruce begins to walk towards it as it flies low destroying everything in its path.

"Dr. Banner." Steve says and Banner looks at him. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

Bruce keeps walking but turns to look at the Captain as he answers. "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." He then turns into the Hulk as he faces the Leviathan punching it in the face once it reaches him. I quickly fly up into the air next to Tony as the Leviathan's armor begins to break apart. Tony and I both shoot a small explosive into the exposed skin.

"Hold on" Tony warns before it explodes right in front of us and crashes to the ground. The Chitauri all begin screaming at us as we all circle up with me standing between Tony and the Hulk. Once on the ground I feel Tony reach over and grab my armored hand in his. I understand. All I want right now is to fall into his embrace. I can't imagine how Tony feels, but right now we have a situation and this will have to make do.

"Guys." Natasha says to us. I look to see what she is looking at and see more Leviathans and speeders coming through the portal.

"Call it Captain." Tony says.