Chapter 40

Marlie's POV

We were about halfway back to the helicarrier and the weather outside had turned stormy. I was standing in the cockpit by Natasha, and the boys were standing behind us watching Loki. As Natasha checked in with Fury, I walked over to the boys.

"I don't like it." I hear Rogers say.

"What? Rock of ages giving up so easily?" Tony's voice was coated in sarcasm. I sometimes forget how much Tony dislikes the Captain.

Steven is not amused by Tony's sarcastic behavior. I forgot how serious the guy can be. Its strange it didn't stand out that much to me back then. I guess it is just a testament to how much I've changed.

"I don't remember it ever being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" I chuckle quietly at this and Tony sends me a wink, while the Captain just glares at me.

"Don't encourage him Eddie."

I instantly scowl. "Rogers you need to lighten up. We have him and if something happens we'll deal with it. Sometimes you just need to let off a little steam in tense situations and that is what Tony is doing."

He just glared. "Well I don't even know what those are."

"It's like calisthenics. You might of missed a couple of things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle." Tony deadpans.

"Fury didn't tell me he was bringing you both in." It almost sounded as though he was blaming us for this fact.

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." I say annoyed.

Suddenly the jet begins to shake harshly as the storm outside gets exponentially worse.

"Where is this coming from?" I heard Natasha say and she looked up at the sky. The storm continued to worsen, but my attention is on Loki, who suddenly seemed very nervous. Rogers notices my focused gaze on Loki and also looks at him.

"What? Afraid of a little lighting." Steve mocks to Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Loki states with genuine nervousness.

I don't blame him. I read through the files, where there is lighting there usually is Thor, Loki's brother, who he doesn't get along with. As if on cue thunder cracks and a loud thud lands on the Quinn Jet shaking the whole thing.

Tony and I make eye contact and both grab our helmets and put them on. Tony goes over and hits the button that lowers the ramp before I can advise him against this plan.

"Tony, what are you doing?" I say through my suit.

Before Tony can respond a tall man with shoulder length blonde hair and armor with a red cape, flies in.

Tony goes up to him to shoot him but the man pushes his hammer against Tony sending him flying backwards into me and the Captain. The man then grabs Loki by the neck and flies out.

"Now there's the other guy" I here Tony say through his mask. I follow him to the lowered ramp and we're about to fly out. I know there is no stopping Tony from jumping out and going after these powerful Asgardians. We don't really have much of a choice, but I know Tony and his personality and quips might not be the best way to bring Loki back peacefully. Hopefully, we can resolve this before it escalates to a fight.

"Another Asgardian?" Yells Natasha, who was to busy flying the jet to get a good look at what was happening behind her.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Thor, Loki's brother, the one SHIELD encountered in New Mexico a few years ago." I yell back to Natasha as I stand next to Tony preparing to follow Thor.