My mother who laid quietly beside me a few minutes ago was now awake and horrified. She was anxious but she knew this moment was coming. There was going to be a ruckus and I had prepared her for it.

I nodded my head at her reassuringly.

"Hey! What's going on?" I yelled loudly and the same brown haired man came fumbling inside with wide eyes.

"What was that? What's happening?" I asked pretending to be as shocked as they were.

Instead of answering, he pulled out a knife from his pocket. For a second I thought he was going to let me loose from the ropes that restrained my arms against my body but he was actually coming to plunge that knife into my chest.

My legs wrapped themselves around his neck and before he could attack me with that knife, his neck was broken and his body went limp. As I retracted my legs, his body fell to the ground with a thud, the sound of his skull cracking filling the air.

The silence didn't last long because soon, gunfire, toe-curling screams and savage curses pulsated around me. I knew it was a war one outside this basement.

"Quick grab his knife." My mother did not need to be told twice as she moved to grab the knife that fell to the ground and attempted to cut herself free from the ropes that tied her arms to her back.

Once she was able to freely move, she grabbed the keys to the chain from the pocket of the dead man, her eyes lingering on his body for a few seconds before she turned to me and opened the lock to the chain. I dropped to my feet on the floor and loosened the ropes around me with the same knife that my mother free herself with.

I check around the mans body hoping to find a gun but I failed. Curses leaked through my mouth and I nodded at mother to follow me.

Rushing up the stairs, I peeked my head through the metal door. My back was pressed against the wall as I waited for someone to rush past me.

I didn't have to wait long. A man who I recognized to be one of Alvaro's men was moving past me but I grabbed him midway and stabbed the knife into his neck. He fell to his knees. Blood leaked to the floor when I extracted the knife. I grabbed his gun and before moving forward, I slashed his ankle to keep him from coming after me.

The first thing I did was check whether I had bullets or not and fortunately, I did.

We made our way back to the same lounge where I saw Alvaro for the very first time. A small hand clasped around my wrist and tried to knock the gun out of my hands but I moved quick to see it was actually Cece. Her shoulders relaxed only slightly when she saw me.

"They're here." She told me.

"Way to go for stating the obvious." I muttered. She rolled her eyes at me.

We moved as three now. My mother sticked close to me as we rounded corners, both of us knocking out every person of the Mexican Cartel we found in our way.

There were one too many doors in the hallway that we were in and anyone could jump out at any moment. My senses were high on alert.

My body was tired, there wasn't enough energy within me but the fiery adrenaline that pumped through my veins kept me going. The image of finding Vince in this mess kept me going.

Where the hell was he?

Every corner I turned I was hoping to run into him, to finally find a few moments of peace in his arms.

A hand latched out from a room and grabbed Cece. Before she could do anything, a dreadful cry escaped her lips as Alvaro shot her in the leg without any hesitation. His gun was then pressed against her temple as he glared at me. Fury burned in his eyes and I knew then and there that he was acting frantically. He was panicking.