2

Leia POV
September 28
Saturday
__________________________

"Oh Jesus" I groaned out of breath as I pushed the grocery utility cart into the house while Logan sprinted past me to go to the living room's TV.

We had already been out of the house for 2 hours but we only went grocery shopping. We spent probably an hour walking there and back and an actual hour in the store shopping.

The only reason why Logan wasn't as tired as me was for two reasons. She didn't have to push or carry anything at all and I promised to take her to the park once we were done.

I closed the door as I made my way inside, "When I finish putting away the groceries we can go to the park."

"Okay, don't take long time LeiLei you a slowpokes." She told me as she dramatically fell back on the couch letting the Muppet babies play on the TV.

"Girl I am not a slowpoke, you're the one who always acts like a snail." I started to grab the pink post-it notes and sharpie so that I could label our food as I put it up.

May and I decided using different colored post-it notes was best since we started buying our own groceries in the house. One time Logan ate some of Aunty May's cookies by accident and just know all hell broke loose. She was yelling and screaming at Logan which caused Simone to come and act out. Long story short the whole thing was a mess and labeling is the way to go.

"She's only 3 years old! She can't even fucking read yet and you're making a big fuss over cookies? Your fat ass doesn't need them anyway!"

"Come!" Logan was using all of her 3 year old strength to pull me to walk faster as we were up the street from the playground.

"Here just hand me your jacket and you can go, I'm watching you." I started to help her out of her jacket and as soon as the jacket was off she started running.

I wish that I was able to do these things with Logan more often. Going to the park was really one of the only times she was able to be around other kids around her age. We didn't live in a neighborhood with a bunch of kids or at least kids I would want her to play with. But I'm happy she can start kindergarten next year and she gets to be around kids everyday.

Logan ran over to her favorite part of the playground, the slide. The playground honestly wasn't crowded today, which was a good thing. It was some people who were leaving as we were coming and that left a little girl on the swing and another little boy on the monkey bars.

"LeiLei! Look!" Logan was screaming at me from the top of the slide, she's already slid down it 14 times. I don't know why she wants my attention now.

I walked over to the bottom of the slide waiting for Logan to come down. She raised her hands in the air and yelled out as she was sliding down.

"Woah that was so cool LoLo!" I celebrated her as she was standing up from the slide.

"I know! Let's go swing" She took my hand and started pulling me towards the swing.

"Oh no Logan, someone is on the swing right now we have to wait mama."

"She can use it! I think I'm going to leave soon anyway." The little girl slowed down on the swing and got off.

"Aww thank you, Logan what do you say?"

"Thank you, push me!" She grabbed my hand again as I sat her on the swing and pushed her lightly.

I thought she would've left to go to another part of the park but the little girl started standing next to me.

"Her name is Logan?" She asked me.

"Yeah, Logan Kaia." I smiled.

"Why wouldn't her first name be Kaia?"

"Because my mom's name starts with a L, Leilani, my name starts with an L, Leia, so Logan's name had to start with an L too."

"Oh! That's just like me and my mommy! Her name starts with a B and mine does too! But my Aunty and grandma's name doesn't start with a B."

"Oh really? That's pretty cool."

"Yeah it's like we're twins! But not really because my name starts with B and yours starts with L." I smiled and nodded.

The little boy who was at first at the monkey bars came and ran over to us, "Blue, Aunty Solo said we have to go."

"Okay Titan, hold on." She waved at him go leave and ran away somewhere.

"Sorry. That's my little cousin, he's so rude. But I guess I have to leave now. Oh! Do you want to meet my Aunty solo? My mom says she's crazy but I promise she's really funny! And-"

"Blue! Come on" I saw a kinda familiar looking woman call for her, I'm guessing this was her 'Aunty Solo'.

"Okay, I have to go. See you later!" She waved and started running towards her aunt.

"Bye!" I waved back, making brief eye contact with her aunt as they were leaving.

"She nice." I heard Logan speak as I kept pushing her.

"Oh you think so?" Logan nodded, "Yeah I think so too."

"I hungry LeiLei"

"You wanna go home then so we can eat something?" I asked her slowing down the swing.

Logan nodded her head, I helped her off of the swing and we started walking back home but before we even got off of the park grounds I spotted this small bridge.

"LoLo let me take you some pictures on this bridge, it'll be really quick."

She gave a deep sigh, "Okayyy" she dragged out, this girl and her attitude never fails.

"Come on, smile pretty."

"Awww you're always so pretty LoLo" I told her as I helped her up and we started walking again

"I know!"

I chuckled, "Yeah and I hope you remember that forever."

—————

Just a little filler I thought of as I was writing the next chapter💗.

11/22/21