1

Leia POV
Wednesday
September 4
____________________________

"HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME! WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE ME AND LOGAN HERE ALONE!"

My body jerked up to where I was sitting up, only to find myself in my bed. I realized but wasn't surprised that once again I had awoken from my recurring dream. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the same dream of me getting mad, shouting and beating at my mom's lifeless body.

I searched around for my phone in my bed, once I grabbed it I saw the time was 6:48am.

I might as well get up, I thought to myself while taking my own advice and mustering up the energy to get out of my bed and into my en-suite bathroom.

I took a shower and proceeded to get dressed. I quickly did my hair in a half up, half down style. I put on a simple white cropped shirt with a pair of cute ripped jeans I thrifted. Along with a denim jacket and white vans.

I went into Logan's room which was across from mine and set out some clothes she could put on later in the day

I went into Logan's room which was across from mine and set out some clothes she could put on later in the day. Then I woke her up so that she could use the bathroom, wash her face and brush her teeth.

When she was done I already had cereal on the table for her as I was getting the lasts of my things so I could leave.

"Bye LoLo, I'll see you later." I say as I let Logan go from our hug and she runs back to the kitchen to continue eating. "Aunty May I'm leaving!" I yelled almost leaving through the door.

"Hey! Hey! I need you to take this lil girl out of my house by 3:45 after school. I got stuff to take care of." Aunty May said drunkenly waddling down the steps.

"Aunty May I got work from 4-10 today"

"Do it look like I care? And you know what smartass since you're bringing up 'work' as if that's an excuse. I thought about it and since you do have a job, you need to pay me rent."

"Pay you rent?" I asked, completely dumbfounded. "My mother paid this house off before she died, there's no mortgage or anything you have to pay but you want to charge me rent?!" I was getting angry, there was a tightness in my chest building up, I knew if I didn't take control that Simone would come and blow the whole thing outta proportion.

"I didn't ask for all of that information, Sherlock Holmes. I deserve rent from you, I'm already taking care of this girl all damn day! While you at school she wrecks my nerves. You know what I don't care anymore, just know that at 3:45 she will not be in this house but on the front porch."

"Okay I'll be here." I just gave in, knowing things could've gotten ugly real quickly.

"Go on now, I'll see you when you get back at 3:45."

"Bye!" I said while closing the door and making my way to school.

I don't even know how imma do this. I get out of school at 3:15pm, it already takes me like 25-30 minutes to walk to my job from school, and now Aunty May wants me to pick up Logan after school. That's backtracking my regular route so there's no way I'm going to be able to get to work on time. I've only been at this job for a little less than 3 weeks but I've been late 8 times already, they're definitely gonna fire me soon. And speaking of work, how the hell am I gonna look after Logan if I'm working. She can't be next to me because I'll be working too fast, and I can't leave her in the lobby because who the hell knows what can happen! I'm just glad I'm working overtime for the rest of this week because come Saturday I need to go to the mall to buy new shoes because the ones I have on now are way too small and are killing my feet. Jesus I just wish that I didn't have to deal with all of this. My thoughts were disrupted when I got a call from my best friend Serenity.