AmnesiaKouji II

After she stared into my eyes for a few minutes she looked content with her search and muttered, "So, that's why your eyes looked so distant."

Distant? Does that mean I gained some semblance to a human while I stayed here?

"Well, no use in crying and mopping about it all day. How about we go do something fun at the mall?"

"Umm.. okay? I still want to ask you one thing before we go."

"Hmm, what do you wanna ask Kiyotaka?"

"I don't know your full name..." I said in a slight whisper.

"Oh, right. My name is Karuizawa Kei, your girlfriend."

Even though we were close, saying her given name would sound odd now.

"Alright, then let's go Karui..."

Before I could utter the last half of her name, she seemed frozen in my embrace. She looked up and had an unreadable expression with tears threatening to fall down her face.

It seems I will escape the Whiteroom's grasp today, the cause of this is going to be my death by my girlfriend's hands. Not how I imagined escaping, but good job me, the land mine you stepped on was catastrophic. The logical thing to do would be to just go ahead with saying her given name and apologizing, but it doesn't feel quite right on my tongue right now. I'll just apologize and leave calling her by her name when I regain my memories, and I if I don't regain them I'll just call her Kei when I make more memories with her.

"Hey, I know I called you Karuizawa and you probably want to hear me say Kei, but I want to apologize for right now and ahead of time cause saying Kei doesn't feel right since I don't remember our time together. So, when we make more memories together or I regain my lost ones, I'll call you Kei again."

My explanation seemed to stop the cascading waterfall of tears that were falling down her face, however, she still looked a little disheartened and was trembling slightly in my embrace. The sounds of her chocked sobs seemed to lessen with each passing second, but it felt as if time was passing slowly in this emotionally heavy moment of ours. I felt a slight twinge in my heart, but I couldn't do anything more than I had given my current predicament.

I wish I could reassure her more, but my experience with women was nonexistent as no one lived in my generation after we had turned 10.

After what seemed like an hour, Karuizawa finally stopped trembling and sobbing and instead opted to take a nap in my embrace.

I shifted my position to let her sleep more comfortably, and thought about what all I've experienced in the past couple of hours.

She fell asleep probably drained from letting out all those tears and emotions in such a short time. But what makes me curious is the twinge in my heart when seeing her, and all the flickers of emotions I've felt when being near her have given me a sense of want. I want to experience more with you, Karuizawa.

———————————————————————————

A/N: Wish people would give me more feedback/comments, let's me know if people are even enjoying the shorts or reading them just to read them. But, enough of my mopping. Stay happy, stay healthy. Until next time.