Bronami?

I thought that today would be like most days, but how wrong I was.

Bzz Bzz Bzz
Incoming call - Honami Ichinose 🍊

I thought I would be woken up by the sound of my alarm, however, I was woken up from a call from Honami. As I went to answer she ended the call, and instead texted me that she wasn't feeling well.

Honami - [My voice is unwell Kiyotaka-kun, so I'm sorry for calling you.]

That doesn't sound like her reasoning, but I won't press her for an answer.

Kiyotaka - [No worries, feel free to call me when you feel better.]

Honami - [Thank you Kiyotaka-kun, I will gladly do that.]

The messages seem like they are from her, but they lack the usual energy of her messages. Usually she would use emojis, extended words with letters, and informal language, but this seems like just polite Honami.

I sent her a quick reply, [I'm a little worried about you, so I'm heading to your dorm in 10 minutes as I have no plans for the day.]

I had made some rice porridge while I awaited a response, but got none. Instead I was met with a read receipt.

Read 5 minutes ago.

"Hah, things just keep piling on," I mumbled, as I made my way out of my room towards her dorms with the rice porridge and some medicine with me.

Arriving at her dorm, I knocked on the door expecting a reply that she's coming to the door. But that didn't come, instead I heard her taking steps towards the door and it slightly opening revealing a mop of her pink hair, except it looked distinctly shorter almost male like.

"Umm... Honami?" I called out to her? him? they?

"I said I was feeling unwell, Kiyotaka-kun, so why did you come," she said in a distinctly male voice.

"I can see that, which is why I brought rice pudding and medicine, but seeing your condition now these items wouldn't be of any use," I told her.

"Yes, but you're always there for me, I want to try to solve this on my own," she said in a deflated tone.

"Your other friends are there for you too, Honami. I'm not doing much," I replied back.

"You acting modest right now is dampening my mood, come inside it's getting chilly out," she said back to me.

I should've watched my words there, but reaffirming that her friends are there will allow her to rely on others and not me only.

"So, Honami...," I trailed off not knowing how to ask her without being blunt.

"Hm..," she hummed waiting for my question.

"How did you become a guy?" I asked, beating around the bush would be counterproductive to solving her case.

———————————————————————————

A/N: Sometimes my own genius scares me, jk. This piece of hot garbage may get a second part continuing where I left off, if I ever feel like it. If you guys want to continue this by all means do it, but spare some cred this way though if you do. Thanks, oh also we almost at 3k views. Never woulda thought my "masterpieces" would get any attention.