Wow. The two spectators eye's bulged out of their heads at their Captain's smoothness. They were surprised. Tessa went to clap her hands together, to congratulate Steve, but Jungkook quickly pushed her hands back down, to avoid embarrassing Steve and herself.

The blonde, who had yet to be introduced, laughed softly. However, her expression held guilt. Uh oh. "Thankyou, but I, uhm, already have a load on downstairs," she shook her head but her pretty smile remained. "Besides, you really don't want my scrubs in your machine," she pulls a face. "I just finished a rotation in the infectious disease ward."

Jungkook and Tessa winced. Did Steve just get rejected infront of them? How embarrassing.

Steve managed to handle his rejection well though. "Well," he laughed and held his hands up. "I'll keep my distance." He took a small step back, joking.

"Hopefully not too far," she flirts back before taking her leave. She smiled at Jungkook and Tessa as she passes them politely, despite not haven spoken a word to either of them.

Maybe not. The two exhale in relief.

Before the blonde left for good and Tessa and Jungkook could begin teasing their captain, she turned back and said, "Oh, by the way, I think you left your stereo on." She informs Steve, who was just about to pop his key into his door to unlock it. He paused.

Steve seemed confused for a moment, but still he turned and smiles at her once again. "Oh, right. Thankyou." At his thanks, the blonde woman finally left with one final smile. Steve's blue eyes watched her go.

Judging by how Jungkook and Tessa both noticed how Steve's posture tensed up all of a sudden, he hadn't left music playing when he left his apartment earlier.

Now that they were silent and the conversations had seized, the faint sound of music could be heard playing from inside Steve's apartment. Aside from the music, it became eerily quiet.

Hesitant, Steve turned the key and unlocked his door. Tessa and Jungkook, close behind him, had dropped their bags ready for a fight, just in case. Something wasn't right. Steve only had to nod at Tessa, for her to understand what he wanted of her.

Opening the door for her, Tessa made herself invisible and went inside alone. Despite being invisible to the human eye, she made sure she remained quiet, because their ears still worked. The dark apartment was quiet, too quiet, even when she reached the end of the hallway and turned off the vintage record player that was playing an old song. . . of course.

Tessa frowned to herself. There was no one here - or so she thought.

"Oh my god!" The girl shrieked in fright, when her eyes fell upon something, or more like someone. "Fury? What the hell are you doing here?!" She made herself physically visible to the man sat in Steve's armchair in the darkest corner of the room. He didn't even flinch, only held a finger up to his lips.

Hearing the name, Jungkook and Steve finally ran in. Both of them, as well as Tessa, were shocked to know it was Fury who broke into Steve's apartment and not some murderer or stupid intruder who just so happened to pick the one apartment, out of so many, that belonged to the Captain America.

Steve's eyes looked over the man, who didn't look too good, sat in his chair. He still seemed tense. "I don't remember giving you a key." He spoke calmly.