Twenty Two

“You’re trying not to tell him you love him, and you’re trying to choke down the feeling, and you’re trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you’ve discovered something you don’t even have a name for.” — Richard Siken, Crush

-x-x-x-x- 

Rose's POV 

I needed to get out of here. 

I can't let Nate get hurt. 

If he does it's going to be all my fault. 

I should have put my indifference towards relationships aside because I knew I had mixed feelings for Nate. 

I shouldn't have went out with Mason because I was jealous of a fucking stripper. 

Everything is all my fault. 

I try screaming out again but it was no use. All I ended up with was a sore throat. 

I look around my surroundings. There was literally nothing around except pictures of me everywhere. Then a light of silver caught my eye at the other end of the room. It looked pretty sharp. 

Maybe I can cut myself from these ropes. 

I move my butt and shuffle over, not making it very far. I stand up and even though he tied my legs, there was enough room for me to waddle. After a long five minutes, I make it towards the piece of silver that was connected to a large machine. I rub my hands on it, hearing the tearing of rope. I feel the metal cutting through my skin, but at that moment I didn't care. I needed to save Nate. 

The rope snaps and I untie my legs, rubbing the feeling back into my arms. I search the drawers for a weapon or possibly my phone and find a very small gun. I take that and run to the door. 

Oh shit, it's still locked. I take a paperclip from Mason's desk and try to pick the locks like the movies.

And I'm proud to say, I fucking failed.

Frustrated, I run my hands through my hair and sit on the floor, wondering how the fuck I'm going to get out of this place.

I look at the window. It didn't open either... Then I look at the metal chair that I was sitting in. 

Without thinking I jump up and grab the metal chair, hurling it towards the window. It shatters and I run towards it, looking out the window. 

I wasn't towards ground level. 

Okay, it's not that far down. Just jump. You won't die. 

Fuck. 

I curse to myself and I sit on the ledge, my feet dangling out. 

Okay... I take a deep breath. 1..2...3!

I am airborne for a few seconds before landing on my feet and tumbling through the grass. 

It hurt like a bitch by the way. 

I run towards the driveway and see that the little fucker fucked up my engine. The entire top part was smoking. 

I run out towards the entrance and squeeze through the bars. It was big enough for a person to go through. I run on the road for a while mentally cursing myself for not being more athletic or healthy. 

After a good ten minutes, I see stores and run into one, my breath gone. 

"Excuse me can I use your phone! It is an emergency!" I scream to the little old lady.