59.Expedition.

You thought that it would take a while to get to where you needed, especially with the girl that was leading you but Helen kept distracting you with small talk as if she knew that you felt a bit uncomfortable with the view in front of you. It took a bit to get to the place which you assumed Catherine had marked with a circle before because this place didn't seem like an outpost.

Dragon(guard): "We should check here first, if possible I'd rather know who we're dealing with than going in blind."

[Y/n]: "And what if they are getting attacked now?

Dragon(guard): "The outpost isn't that far from here so we should be able to hear it if something is going on, unless they get killed stealthily then it's kind of their own fault."

[Y/n]: "That's kinda cruel...even if you don't know them, you should still help out each other to reach the best results and...what if you were there, wouldn't you want someone to help you out if you were in trouble?"

Dragon (warior): "We're simple warriors that follow the commands that were given to us, if we fail to complete it it's our own fault, that's what you've told us all before."

"That's what you've told us before" this was the last confirmation you needed to know that this world or the people that live in it have changed, you didn't want to believe it before but now...

Whoever was here instead of me, has not freed them but made things worse for them.

You suddenly remember the look that Elinor gave you when you were at home, that something else that you saw In her eyes was...hate.

This... Is unacceptable!

You start to feel unknown energy surrounding your body but soon snap out of that state as you begin to feel pain in your palms.

Helen: "[y/n]..."

When you look down at your palms you see that you were clenching your fists so hard that your nails managed to pierce your own flesh and that's probably for the best, because you weren't sure if you wanted to take in that unknown energy into your body.

You looked up at the group standing before you and they looked back at you with eyes full of concern and surprise, the harpy seemed like she wanted to ask something but wasn't sure if she should ask anything right now. The healer didn't wait long and cast a healing spell on your hands, your wounds dissapeared immediately.

[Y/n]: "You guys look around here for a bit, I'll go check out the outpost."

Dragon(warrior): "I could lead you there."

She takes out her map but Rachel takes you by the hand, stopping you in your tracks.

Rachel: "We shouldn't split up, or they will pick us off one by one."

[Y/n]: "You guys worry about yourself, I have my ways of escaping dangerous situations."

Helen steps in between you.

Helen: "I'll go with [y/n], you guys stay here."

Harpy (warrior): "But you will need me to go with you or you might get lost."

[Y/n]: "It's not far from here right?"

Harpy (warrior): "No, but trust me its still possible to get lost in these woods, unless you want to get back to the city then its no problem but if you'll want to come back to us and warn us about the threat then it-"

Helen smiles and proudly points at her nose.

Helen: "This is our way back."

Harpy (warior): "Right, I forgot about that."

Rachel sighs and let's go of your hand.

Rachel: "Try and come back alive you two."

The rest of them turn to the unexplored location while you and Helen go to the general direction of the outpost.

Helen: "Do you know where we're going or...?

[Y/n]: "I've seen the map a couple times by now, so you could say that I do."

She nodded and followed you.

You were glad that she trusts and feels more relaxed around you now but something in you kept telling you that being alone with her was a bad idea for some reason. She seemed fine to you so you tried to push the thought out of your mind but it didn't work no matter how hard you tried until you saw someone sitting on the ground leaning against a tree. All your thoughts vanished in a second and were focused on her.

As you approached her, she didn't seem to be wearing as much armor as the guards or warriors In the city. Once you got next to her, you noticed that she was one of the vampires.

Helen: "It's seems that they will never let go of their grudge against you..."

Wait, grudge? What the hell did I do to them!?

The vampires hand slightly moves and you take a step back unsure of what to do now that you know that they are your enemy. Helen confidently takes a step forward and prepares to strike her down with one of her claws but you you stop her. When she turns her confused face to you, you simply shake your head and let go of her hand.

Helen: "You got other plans for her?"

You don't answer her and kneel down in front of the vampire to try and see how bad her wounds are. Just as you have expected, her wounds were pretty serious but not something a bit of your healing magic couldn't heal. You remember what Florence taught you and put your palm against the unconscious girls chest to get the most out of your healing ability.

*Flashback*

*After 2 hours*

Florence: "Well that's the basics of the healing magic, it will work better if you're close to the person you want to heal, and if you practice...a lot. The only thing that I can't help you much with are the side effects of your healing magic, that's what you'll have to figure out for yourself if you want to heal your friends and yourself withought feeling way to calm and then falling asleep, I'll tell you this though, it's very useful if you want to heal the wounded."

*Flashback ends*

You focus some of your energy into your hand and then force it into her body. Your energy goes through her body and heals most of her wounds, the more serious cuts weren't fully healed. You use your energy once more but the cuts still didn't fully heal.

Well atleast they aren't bleeding as much.

[Y/n]: "We should go."

You stand up and turn to the direction of the outpost.

Helen: "Your gonna leave her there? I could bring her back to the city and-"

[Y/n]: "There is no need for that, just leave her there."

She catches up to you and walks beside you.

Helen: "What are you planning?"

[Y/n]: "Nothing."

Helen: "Noth- what do you mean?"

When her voice gets a bit more serious, you understand that she's about to say something about the other you.

Helen: "You just-!?"

Remembering how she acted near the gate, you place your hand on her head and start to pat her, she does not only go silent but also starts blushing.

Helen: "I don't understand you today at all."

[Y/n]: "You don't have to, just go with it."

She doesn't seem too convinced about this change in you but still nods.

Your little moment gets interrupted as you approach the outpost.
.
.
.