// 033 //

Song used: The Same by Ashe

// Oh, I think I'll fall apart, if you choose to stay away

// Oh, I think I'll fall apart, if you choose to stay away. //

AFTER Kiba had left him standing in front of the familiar apartment complex, Naruto Uzumaki felt the inordinate emotional outburst creep right back. He entered the building absolutely unsure, dragging his feet on every step just to save up on time before having to face you. Naruto was still very much intoxicated; so drunk that it had turned slightly sloppy. Along with that, he also felt ashamed for forming doubts in you so quickly. 

He still wanted to dismiss said doubts, however. And to do that, he needed answers. 

Despite wishing for answers, he absolutely had no clue of the questions he should ask to receive them. The thought process he was forming inside his head was a jumble, and it didn't wish to cooperate on leading him to a solution he so desperately yearned for. Giving up with tightly knit brows, he finally gathered the courage to raise his hand and knock. The sound repeated three times; the way his fist banged against the wood of the door - uneven.

It wasn't long until he heard quick footsteps on the other side. Unable to stand still without his body starting to lean sideways, Naruto rested his shoulder against the door frame for support. He listened to the frantic turning of a lock, and as soon as it clicked, his eyes fell on you.

He wasn't even given a chance to catch a glimpse of the expression on your face. You were so quick to run into him, that you almost made him lose his ground from the force. Naruto felt your arms snake around his middle with urgency now; felt your nails dig into the back of his jacket as you held him close. Your cheek pressed against his chest, and when he looked down at you, you refused to look him in the eye. 

"You idiot.", was the only thing you said, and perhaps you were right. 

He was silent, not returning the affection you gave him. Instead, he just stood there - feeling like the biggest idiot you had proclaimed him as. His heart hammered inside his ribcage, and all he could do was hope that you couldn't hear each beat. It took him a moment before he finally moved, placing his palm onto your shoulder.

Naruto pushed you away, feeling your embrace break apart with a single shove.

He stared at you now, unsurely. Watching your head tilt lightly to the side in confusion, he caught the frown starting to form on your mouth. It was the very first time he had rejected you. His gaze rested on the apple of your cheek when he spoke,

"Do you mind if I have a minute to myself?"

He was a coward.

The words rolled of his tongue in a slight slur as he continued to stare at your cheek. He ignored the slight shudder of your upper lip. It looked like you were about to start crying, however he didn't hear a single whimper from you when you moved to the side, nodding your head. Naruto was out of it all over again; feeling like a machine that could only execute the simplest of commands.