// 003 //

THE NEXT MORNING, Naruto Uzumaki had woken up with a start

THE NEXT MORNING, Naruto Uzumaki had woken up with a start. He had fallen asleep on the couch, overslept, and was now late for the very first time ever since University had started. For some, it may have been an accomplishment to only be absent once after almost two weeks of college - however, not for Naruto. Considering that he had already missed the beginning of the first lesson, he decided that he would skip it altogether with a bitter thought.

He brushed his teeth, took a quick shower and with just enough time to spare; he dressed and stopped at the little bakery right across the street of his apartment as he had planned to do the day before. He hid the pure mess his freshly-washed hair was in underneath his trusty baseball cap.

It didn't rain that morning and the girl at the bakery was nice to him. It made him feel slightly better. 

With everything done and finished; he headed towards the metro station. Inside the train, he stood - gripping the hand holder absent-mindedly as he scrolled through his phone. He didn't actually read anything that the lit-up screen was showing to him. His mind had wandered somewhere completely else.

// What should I say when I see her...? //

He could feel his pulse quicken at the thought that had lingered inside his scattering brain since yesterday night. Would he, Naruto Uzumaki, really be the first one to initiate a conversation? 

This was completely unknown ground for Naruto, and it made him nervous. He didn't have the first clue on how to actually talk to a girl. Sure, he had spent the night with a handful of them in the past few years, however those were the kind of girls who usually didn't wish to talk with him...

Mentally, he had ran through a dozen different scenarios before the train had even come to a full stop. When the doors finally opened with a quiet hiss, he had already turned into a nervous wreck. The day hadn't even fully started, and he was tired of it all the same. He felt his teeth sink their attack into his bottom lip as he made his way towards the University.

The weather was gloomy despite the lack of rain, the clouds above his head heavy-looking and gray. It was cold, the wind harsh for early autumn. Naruto was glad when he finally entered the building which was warmer at least by a few degrees than the outside world. He checked his schedule once more, just to make sure he was standing in front of the right classroom.

And when he looked back up; you were standing right there - leaning against the wall right next to the door.

Naruto barely recognized you without the signature yellow raincoat. Today, you had decided to wear a denim jacket instead. Surprisingly, he realised that he missed the vivid colour on you, despite the fact that he had thought it as too eye-catching the first time. 

His thoughts fell into overdrive all over again as he took the first step towards you. He still had no idea on how he would initiate the whole thing, and yet - he walked. You hadn't noticed him - luckily - as you were simply too busy staring at your phone.