// 008 //

NARUTO liked the inside of your apartment

NARUTO liked the inside of your apartment. It was his first time to visit your little home, and first impression-wise; it was exceptionally tidy. He took note of it as soon as he had stepped through the door.  It wasn't just organized and neat; the cleanliness of it was simply extraordinary. Truth be told, Naruto was afraid he would spill the cup of tea you had made for him, or even worse - squish a pillow on your little sofa if he leaned back against it.

Because of this, he sat on the floor instead, with his legs crossed on the fuzzy carpet and the warm floorboards. Still, the little apartment felt homey. He eyed the pictures of your friends and family on the bookcase and walls. There were plenty. Little touches like this made it feel like home. The place had your name written all over it.

Late afternoon had nearly turned to twillight when you came back from the kitchen to join him in the living room with a plate full to the brim with fresh fruit. The sunset painted the walls with a vivid orange glow which seeped through the parted curtains. Naruto felt cosy here as he ate the sweet strawberries - at ease.

"You can sit on the sofa, you know.", you spoke lightly even though you were sitting on the floor next to him, taking a bite of a strawberry of your own. You had dipped it in sugar, unlike him. The Uzumaki was quick to shake his head,

"It's fine,", he spoke, his voice slightly muffled before he swallowed the sweet fruit, "I'm completely comfortable like this."

"Well, okay,", you spoke before dipping the strawberry in sugar once more, "We need to get started if we want to get any work done."

// Oh, yeah. Right... //

You had decided to help him with his studies; that being the whole reason he was here. It was a sweet gesture; one that Naruto certainly wouldn't forget. Throughout the month, you had lent him your notes to copy, however he had decided it was about time to start on his own if he seriously wanted to pass. Naruto wanted to progress and stay in the same year as you. You actually made University somewhat bearable for him. 

He watched you pull the notebooks out of your backpack, heavy-looking things, one after the other. Only a month of school, and already all of this material? The sight of it already tired him out. 

"Alright, let's do this. You're going to be so smart after I'm done with you.", you poked his cheek with the tip of your finger, making him frown,

"X doubt."

---

"I don't get it."

The words nearly made you see red. After almost three hours, you were on the brink of a mental breakdown because of no one other than Naruto Uzumaki. Leaning onto the coffee table with visible frustration, you started scribbling onto the paper, your handwriting sharp and quick;

"Okay, let me explain it... Again."

He groaned at this, the sound deep and fed-up,

"Look, it won't help. Can we just-"