|54| Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

"He sounds like a pain." Sugino grimaced.

"He used to be nicer," you pursed your lips, "but that was before he began getting suspicious of the end class. And now, as the school year ends, he's getting more and more frustrated at the whole ordeal."

"Does the end class' secret mean that much to him?" Sugino whistled.

"It appears." You tiredly rubbed your face with your hand.

You were about to continue your conversation but stopped abruptly. From the corner of your eye, you saw Kanzaki sneaking glances at the two of you, as if she were waiting for you to finish talking. It was then that you realized she was holding onto a chocolate box. You immediately smiled.

"Why can't he just-" Sugino began but you were quick to interrupt him.

"Well, I'll better save Kayano from those devils." You patted the blue-eyed boy's shoulder.

"Oh, I'll come with you." He motioned to follow you but you stopped him rather abruptly.

"No, it's okay." You gave him a reassuring smile. "Besides, I want to give Karma his chocolates and it'd be weird if you were there," you chuckled.

"Oh, okay, okay." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and nodded his head in understanding.

"Well, I'll see you later." You waved and left the classroom.

You stepped outside and began searching for Karma and Nakamura. You wandered around for a few minutes until you finally heard Nakamura's voice.

The three of them had climbed all the way up the tree and were talking between one another.

"(Y/N)!" Nakamura was the first one to spot you as she waved her hand and motioned you to climb up the tree.

"What are you doing up here?" You asked as soon as you caught up to them.

"Ah, we're just helping Kayano-chan." She smiled carefreely.

"Pudding lover over here wants to confess her love to Nagisa." Karma smirked deviously as the green-haired girl went completely red and began mumbling an incoherent row of excuses.

"And you're giving her a pep talk... in a tree?" You stifled a laugh.

"Heh, we just climbed up here to do some recon," your redheaded boyfriend grinned.

"Well, I'll say it's more like spying on our classmates," Kayano meekly pointed out.

You flashed Karma a teasing smirk, "why doesn't it surprise me?"

"Doesn't matter now, we already got our info." He shrugged casually as he began climbing down.

Once the four of you were back on the ground, you began making your way to the building.

"Huh? Where 's Sugino?" Nakamura suddenly realized your other friend was missing.

"Oh, Kanzaki was going to give him some chocolates so I left them alone," you explained nonchalantly.

"Wait! Kanzaki was gonna give him chocolates?!" Nakamura screeched.

"Uh... yeah." You smiled nervously. What was the big deal?

"And you left them alone?!" She grabbed you from your shoulders and began shaking you in an exaggerated manner.

"It's called privacy Nakamura." You sweatdropped at how dramatic your friend could be.

"Hmm~ I think Kayano isn't ready yet." Karma's lips quirked up into a devious smirk. "We haven't collected enough intel, don't you think Nakamura?" He got between the two of you, swinging his arms over yours and Nakamura's shoulders and bringing you closer to him.