16~ Hakoda

whattt authors note at the beginning?? crazy!
lmao i'm so sorry for all of the pov switches in this chapter, i'm just trying to keep you on your toes B-)
it's a little shorter than usual, but i'll hopefully have the last chapter of this book out within a week or so. #pain
anyway thank you for 3k reads!! means so much to me:,)
love ya,
~sage<3
°
°

"You haven't seen your dad in over two years. You must be so excited!" Aang smiled at Sokka as they landed at Chameleon Bay.

Sokka heaved, holding his hand over his mouth. "I know I should be, but... I just feel sick to my stomach."

"Don't be nervous, he's gonna be so happy to see you two." Aang patted Sokka's shoulder.

Katara and Sokka said their goodbyes to Aang, and the boy flew off with Appa.

Katara smiled at her brother, both siblings taking a deep breath as they started their walk towards the Water Tribe ships that sat in the mouth of the bay.

Sokka could feel his palms getting sweatier the closer he got to the camp. He saw tents and soldiers in blue clothing sitting around the camp as he approached. The faces he last saw as a boy were getting clearer.

Sokka could hear his sisters shaky breathing as they walked. She was a stable token of the group most of the time, but he could see her nervous trembling now—even if she was trying her best to hide it.

Sokka put his hand on her shoulder as they got closer to the camp, and Katara gratefully looks up at him, welcoming the small comfort.

"I don't know why i'm so nervous right now. It's just dad." Katara sighs, chuckling at her own anxiousness.

"I think it's normal. We're excited, yeah, but so much has changed." Sokka said.

"(Y/n)'s rubbing off on you, huh? You're getting better at talking to people when they need it." Katara said.

"She's not rubbing off on me! I've always been good at this." Sokka huffed.

"Yeah, right. That's (Y/n)'s thing, even if she doesn't know what to say. She ends up saying something to make me feel better, even if it's just her rambling...I miss her already." Katara frowns.

Sokka squeezes Katara's shoulder. "Me, too."

They walk into the camp, and the men stare at them as they walk by. A man stops in front of them, and Sokka smiles. He shakes the mans hand, and they're surrounded by the other men in the camp.

They receive 'hey's and 'good to see you two's as their heads are patted. None of these men have seen the siblings since they were younger.

Sokka looks to the biggest tent at the end of the camp. He knows his dad is in there. Sokka starts to walk towards it, and Katara is following close behind him.

Sokka pulls the tent flaps to the side, letting his sister in before him. As the flaps close, Sokka sees tribesmen sitting around a map, with his father at the head of the group. He's too distracted to notice his kids come into the tent.

Bato noticed, and nudged their father, causing his dad to look up.

Hakoda's face went from slight confusion to elation. "Kids." 

"Hi, dad." Sokka and Katara said in unison.

Hakoda approached the kids, holding them close in his arms.

Sokka had been waiting for this for so long.

••

(Y/n) sat at the end of a large map of the world, and ahead of her sat five men, including General How, at a large curved table.