3~The Other Royal Sibling

"A secret passage? Why didn't we just use this last time?" Sokka asks Aang as he takes the cover off of the sewer hole in the wall.

Omashu had been totally taken over by the Fire Nation. The kids all snuck down to this "secret passage" that Aang knew of, with Appa steadily floating beside them. They all wore cloaks to cover their clothes.

Sokka yells as the cover tips off, sending sewer matter across their feet.

"Does that answer your question?" Aang jokes, sliding into the sewer.

Aang airbended the muck away from himself, while Katara waterbended it. Sokka and (Y/n) walked behind them, with Sokka in front of her. She used his body as a shield, letting him take most of the gross stuff right to the face.

They climbed through the cover that opened up to a road.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought." Katara said, rubbing her hands on her cloak.

(Y/n) and Sokka climbed out, with muck covering Sokka until he was unrecognizable. (Y/n) looked a little better, but still not great.

Katara and Aang got the gunk off of them, thanks to bending. Sokka yelped as the air nearly blew him onto his ass.

Two little pentapus' clung to Sokka's cheeks, which he didn't notice until they tugged a little. "AAGH! They won't let go! Help!" Sokka cried, tugging at the little animals stuck to his skin.

Aang bouldered into Sokka, sending them both flying into the wall.

"Stop making so much noise. It's just a purple pentapus." Aang stroked the first one with his index finger, and it released its suction to Sokka's face happily. Sokka pulled the other two off.

(Y/n) started feeling around the exposed parts of her body for anything, but she didn't feel anything. Sokka really took the worst of it.

"Hey!" A sharp voice shocked them all, and they turned to meet three Fire Nation guards in front of them. Aang ducked behind them to throw some cloth over his head to hide his arrows. They all plastered huge smiles on their faces.

"What're you kids doing out past curfew?" The guards drew closer.

"Sorry! We were just on our way home." Katara lied, and quick.

They all turned to walk back down the street, before being interrupted again.

"Wait. What's the matter with him?"

(Y/n) looked to the back of Sokka's neck, where the suction marks from the pentapus were visible.

"Uh, he has pentapox, sir." (Y/n) explained as Katara turned Sokka around to face forward. Sokka kept his eyes downcast. The guard approached Sokka, his hand out to touch his face.

"Um, it's highly contagious!" (Y/n) stepped in, trying to prevent the guard from touching Sokka.

The guard withdrew his hand, not quite believing her. Sokka looked to (Y/n), and with her pleading eyes, he understood what to do next. He threw his hands out in front of him, and began groaning in pain.

"It's so awful! I'm dying!" Sokka stumbled forward towards the guards as they backed away.

"And deadly!" Katara added.

"Hey, I think i've heard of pentapox. Didn't your cousin Chang die of it? We better go wash our hands," The first guard said. Sokka began to cough violently over the guards. "And burn our clothes!"

The guards booked it down the street, and Aang thanked the little pentapus in his hand. There was no way she was going to let Aang bring another animal with them. Appa, Momo, and Sokka were just about as many animals as she could handle.