15~ King Fool

(Y/n) smiled as she watched Aang give Appa all of the affection they had been missing in their time apart from each other.

They had flown to a small island after escaping from the Dai Li, and were now resting trying to figure out what to do.

Sokka walked from the rock he sat on over to (Y/n), Toph, and Katara. "Look, we escaped from the Dai Li, we got Appa back, i'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll."

"One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll." Katara scolds her brother.

"We can build on it. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we need the Earth King's support."

"What makes you think we'll get it?" Toph says. (Y/n) looks down to the ground where the short girl sat. "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang."

"I know, but i've got a good feeling about this. This time'll be different." Sokka says.

"I don't know. I know we should get the Earth King's support, but Long Feng is still in control of Ba Sing Se. It's too powerful, and honestly, i'd rather leave this shitty place behind us." (Y/n) shrugs.

"I'm with sweetness," Toph says. "I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se. And I can't even see!"

Sweetness?

Aang jumps over to the rest of the group. "But now that we have Appa back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the war."

"See? Aang's with me." Sokka says, throwing an arm around Aang's shoulders and smiling at (Y/n).

"It's the whole reason we came here in the first place, we have to try." Sokka continues.

Katara and (Y/n) look to each other. "Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change." Katara says.

Both of the boys in front of (Y/n) smile at Katara's slight change of mind. Sokka looks to (Y/n) and smiles even bigger, hoping to get her to change her mind, too.

Toph stands up. "I don't trust the new positive Sokka. Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he?!"

"Toph, that was me." (Y/n) interjects.

Aang sees something on the water, and runs to look at what it is.

There were three Earth Kingdom ships sailing across the murky water.

"That's probably the Dai Li searching for us, so?" Sokka exclaims, turning to (Y/n) to see if she'll finally give in to their plan.

"Alright."

They soared into the sky, and back towards Ba Sing Se. The ride was bumpy, and a lot less comfortable when there wasn't a saddle. (Y/n) gripped Appa's fur in her hands, careful not to pull too hard in case it was hurting the bison.

"Can we please buy a new saddle? Riding bareback is terrifying!" Toph cried as they flew over the city.

As they got closer to the center of the city, they saw the palace. Sokka thought they'd be able to sail right in. How naive.

Earthbenders were down on the ground, and they started bending huge chunks of rock towards Appa. Appa swerved around a few, until Aang stepped in and started to blow the rocks up or cut them midair. He jumped to the ground, and got rid of the threat before they landed.

Once they hit the ground, everyone started running towards the palace entrance. More earthbenders tried to stop them on their way, but the benders in the group took them out pretty easily.